What is your religion's/church's position...

Paul, i hate to tell you this, but,, a great number of men who drafted the Constitution, who held the Boston Tea Party, and even the man rode through the streets shouting, the British are comming!, the British are comming!, whose name you are using, were Freemasons.

------------------
what me worry?

Are Freemasons Christians?

------------------
John/az

"They come, they eat, they leave...
"They come, they eat, they leave...NOT!!

Bill Clinton (aka: Hopper) Al Gore (aka: Molt) Janet Reno (aka: Thumper)

Ants UNITE!

I think freemasons are usually christians at least round here. I'm not a freemason.
The uniting church of Australia (methodist and some presbyterians combined in the early eighties) is ant gun and supports all the bad laws,also the Anglicans and Catholics as well. There are plenty of those people in those churches who don't support that, I know of one minister who doesn't and their are plenty of others too as well as plenty of the members especially in country in regional churches.
I know a minister from a pentecostal type church who was a shooter and still is.
The spokespeople for the chrches here all usually left wing.

------------------
New FREE Gun Auctions at http://www.gun-center.com/auctions.html

I'm a Southern Baptist, but I haven't read any official documents about our doctrine on the subject of guns. I do however have some personal convictions based upon my belief.

God obviously knows the difference between taking the life of an enemy and war or self-defense as compared to murder. The 10 commandments were given before the first king of Israel took the thrown. If God didn't draw a distinction between taking a life in war/self-defense vs. murder then he wouldn't of commanded the armies of Israel to fight the battles that they did.

I pray that God never lets me get into the situation were I have to defend myself with deadly force, but if I am I pray he gives me the strength to empty the clip.

John, most masons i know are christian. this is not to say that all are. but all, are suppose to believe in a one true God/diety. this is where, the sure enough, truly, extremely, very very, conserative christians have a problem w/ the masons, thus accusing them of any number of evil doings. evidently, these people see fault in people of varying faiths having fellowship with each other. But like i said, most that i have met are christian in faith...

------------------
what me worry?

Sidebar:
Please be advised that no mason can truely be a Christian since they disavow Christ.
Picky, Picky - I know, but you can't have it both ways.

------------------
Regards,
~Douglas in CT :)

I think that this is a good question as the Politically correct notion of most anti-gunners is that all weapons are “inherently evil” and owners of such are evil by extension.

Any valid "evil" should be easily shown as something GOD is against. However, when you get down to it the Bible seems clear that defending one’s self or family or community is never prohibited.

I am not a member of a national or international denomination such as Southern Baptist or so on … Any of the churches that I have been a member of have been Independent Baptist. As such there is not one common document between any of the independent Baptist except the Bible. This being the case when you ask an I/B a question on belief they will usually say “I believe … Because the Bible says …”. With that said for me to answer your question I will go to the “BOOK” (something that is also very un-P/C in recent history).

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Exodus 21:12
He that smiteth a man, so that he die, shall be surely put to death.[/quote]

Murder is wrong and people are to be held accountable for there actions.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Exodus 22:2
If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall no blood be shed for him.[/quote]

Killing in self-defense is not murder and is permitted.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Numbers 35:33
So ye shall not pollute the land wherein ye are: for blood it defileth the land: and the land cannot be cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.[/quote]

Again those who murder must be held accountable … if not your Country will suffer.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Luke 22:36
Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.[/quote]

Having an effective weapon is a prudent priority.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Romans 13:4
For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. [/quote]

Law enforcement and others are justified in using deadly force.

------------------
to locate, close with and …

Douglas, evidently you get your info the same place as other misinformed people do. the masons i know that are christian, which, when i think about it, is all of them, i know of none that have disavowed Jesus Christ. those few masons that aren't christian, have never held him as their Lord and Savior anyway.
Next!!!!

------------------
what me worry?

Most "freemsons" are in fact Christians. But most of them are also considered "entry level" masons who simply pay dues and volunteer their time to charitable causes. However, once a mason has risen to the 33rd degree (the masons highest level), they learn that masons do not worship God at all, they worship Satin. Satinism is why this "secret society" is in fact so secret about what is only learned at the highest levels.

Paul,

They worship satin?

I prefer cotton, myself. :)

------------------
"We are going to fight. We are going to be hurt.
But in the end, we will stand."
--Roland Deschain

Paul, i really hate to say this again, but your wrong.THERE AIN'T NO DEVIL WORSHIPING IN MASONRY at any degree, i'm sorry, but that's just the way it is. Paul it bothers me that you believe that, it seems to me that you are doing the same thing as the anti-gun people. you find a source of infomation, which suits what you want to believe, and that's all you look at. i really think some more research from some other source may be a good thing to look for.
by the way, if the masons are so damn secret, then why does almost everyone in the world know about them??? yeah!! that's some secret you got there bubba!!! :D

------------------
what me worry?

Masons are not devil worshipers. They endorse Christianity and religious tolerance as voiced by our Constitution's First Amendment. Most of the signers of the Declaration of Independence were Masons and so was our first President Gen. George Washington. Masons support the rights of man voiced in the Declaration of Independence and rely upon Natural Law.

Masons oppose ignorance and religious dogmatism. Those ignorant of the tenets of Masonry often attack it based upon hearsay and symbolic interpretation. There are no Masonic secrets worth knowing that have not already been published in writing. Masonry is not about secrets, rather fraternity and charity.

Christianity is the central belief of most Masons and the Bible is used reverently as a symbol of God's greatest representations to man. However, Masonry is not a religion.

Masonry is not incompatible with Christianity.

However, those that profess to speak for God and attempt to press their own narrow views of religion upon others often preach against the religious tolerance that Masonry supports. Masonry does not care whether you are Baptist, Methodist, Unitarian, Jewish, Muslim, Budhist, or whatever: Just believe in God. That is the level upon which Masons meet.
Those that do care about advancing their own religious ideologies are power hungry and seek out other competing ideologies that would lessen the hold on their unsuspecting flocks.

I am a Mason of the 32nd Degree and a Shriner. I was attracted to Masonry because Masons believed in those fundamental rights that founded this country and its Constitution. There isn't anything evil about these organizations--Silly at times, Yes! Evil, No.

[This message has been edited by Stoic (edited June 28, 1999).]

I am not Mormon, but since I moved to Salt Lake City a year ago I am very interested in LDS politics. As you could expect from the church of John Moses Browning, they have historically been pretty pro-gun. All that changed a few months ago, however, when there were a couple of high-profile shootings in downtown Salt Lake, one of which was in the LDS-run Family History Library. Since then the Prophet of the church has publicly endorsed gun control, and it has caused a huge change in the attitude of the media and the politicians.

David Z,

Could you elaborate on that please, with some references?

Thanks!

------------------
John/az

Ants UNITE!

Regarding Baptist churches: I think there are as many variations as churches themselves, much like many other denominations so I can only speak from my experience and not as a representative of nationwide demographics:

The Baptist churches I have attended and joined: the preachers didn't seem to have anything against gun ownership and their responsible use, as the last 2 I know of were deer hunters.

Also, a Baptist church is the only place where I heard in the Sunday morning message the commandment "Thou shalt not kill" also qualified with the comment "or, murder" meaning the "kill" wordage is not a 100% prohibition.

For those unfamiliar with this doctrine, I think there is a detailed discussion on www.jpfo.org

Edmund

Years ago I went to a non-denominational Christian church where the ONLY excuse for not attending service was to attend a Gun Show instead.

This was the Pastors policy and if we happened upon an awesome deal, buy it for him!

~~~~~~~

I do not attend church any longer, since the general beleif is that we should just leave thing's in God's hands... NOT!

[This message has been edited by antiUSSA (edited June 29, 1999).]

This comes from the LDS Church's Doctrine & Covenants Section 98 verses 5 thru 10: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>5 And that law of the land which is constitutional, supporting that principle of freedom in maintaining rights and privileges, belongs to all mankind, and is justifiable before me.
6 Therefore, I, the Lord, justify you, and your brethren of my church, in befriending that law which is the constitutional law of the land;
7 And as pertaining to law of man, whatsoever is more or less than this, cometh of evil.
8 I, the Lord God, make you free, therefore ye are free indeed; and the law also maketh you free.
9 Nevertheless, when the wicked rule the people mourn.
10 Wherefore, honest men and wise men should be sought for diligently, and good men and wise men ye should observe to uphold; otherwise whatsoever is less than these cometh of evil.[/quote]

(emphasis added)
------------------
John/az

Ants UNITE!

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited July 01, 1999).]

Back