What is your favorite 12 gauge and why

A double barrel side by side Stevens 530A. Never let me down. Full choke on left barrel, cylinder (no choke) on right barrel. Buckshot can be fired from right barrel. Shoot all kinds of loads with no malfunctions; I even shoot blackpowder loads in it.

I've shot turkeys, sharptail grouse, and even grabbed it for a dicey defense situation (nothing happened in the end).

A Winchester Model 25 that I bought used in 1965. I killed a lot of doves on our farm with that shotgun.It fit me perfectly, and never failed me.

favorite shotgun

A number of them have come and gone in 40+ years..

My first a 12ga H&R Topper.
#2 Remington 870
#3Remington 1100
Then at least 15 others..

My keepers Rem 1100 2 3\4 & mag
CZ ou 28 ga.
Winchester 101 Pigeon
Stevens 16sxs

Remington 1100 probably my favorite.

Artillery King Of The Battlefield

Before I start, let me say that I am primarily a hunter, although I have busted my share of clay birds. My favorites:
* Browning A5. I have owned several of them over the past 40 years. It is one of the most reliable, most accurate shotguns I have ever fired. I have killed truckloads of birds with them, it's almost like cheating.

* Browning Citori. The Citori was the first shotgun I ever bought. Before that, I had used side by sides, autoloaders, pumps, and the Citori just came up more naturally than any of the others. They shoulder well, point well, and last hundreds of thousands of rounds. Heavy, overbuilt, but they swing well and point well.

* Benelli M2. Probably the only shotgun that could take the place of the A5 IMO.

870s, 1100s, Model 12s, 1200/1300s, Ithacas, Berettas, all left me less than impressed. Good guns, but not noteworthy in the field IME.

Remington 1100 is my favorite. Grew up shooting them and still like them today.

A close second would be my 870 Wingmaster, and third the Mossberg 500.

No love for the perfect repeater?

For me it's my model 12 trap. It's a built up gun and reblued to boot, so any collector value went out the window years ago.

The 10-12 ounces of lead I have added help smooth my swing, and makes it easy on the shoulder too.

I do have my eyes open for a Super X-1.

You are Evil.......;-)

FITASC:
Congrats you are on my wife's list.......and it's not the good one. If I can scare up the bux soon the last one you linked will be mine. Got a couple deals working that should put the $$$ in my pocket in a few days.

Hope it lasts, great gun for the money and exactly what I am looking for. Gorgeous wood too!

What?!?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

Don't you know you can't kill a modern turkey without some 3.5" camo dipped gun shooting 2oz loads through a dedicated XXXXF turkey choke? .........

Amazing how all those old timers managed with their plain guns and regular ammo all those years..............

Yea, but that was before turkeys were bullet proof.:rolleyes:

I shoot a lot of trap so my favorite is a Browning BT-99. You know, if Browning had just had the forsight to name it the BT-100, maybe I'd shoot a 100 straight for a change.;)

I suppose my "favorite" is the Remington 1100. I've owned two of the standard and a 3" Magnum version but I don't own any of them anymore.

The one I've used the most though is a 12 ga, Sears/Mossberg pump. Every deer, save one, that I've ever killed fell in front of that pump. I paid $99.00 for it at Sears about 35 years or so ago. I do still have that one, but don't hunt much anymore.

But my current "favorite" really, is one, I haven't even fired yet. A 1921, Parker Trojan double with 28" barrels. It's my "favorite" because I have always wanted a Parker, and now I have one. Just holding it and wiping it down with a rag takes me back to a time when I was a kid and most men I knew and respected, owned and hunted with such guns.

(crappy picture)

Back