What is your EDC handgun

What is your EDC handgun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In normal times (and probably again if normalcy ever returns) it's a S&W 442 .38 Special. During the late unpleasantness, however I find myself carrying my S&W M&P Shield .40 most often.

So, as of 8-30-2020 at 0838:

No.1 is S&W auto at 28.95%.

No.2 is Glock at 23.68%.

No.3 is a tie with S&W revolver and Ruger auto each at 21.05%.

S&W®BG38 w/CT® Laser = EDCG (Primary)
Charter Arms® Undercover® 38 DAO = EDCG (BUG)
Ruger® LCP 380 DAO = EDCG (BUG)

Last edited:
Most often it is my FN 1906 that was made in 1913 or 1914.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Gotta tell you that I’m pretty surprised by the results so far. I was expecting Glock to be more prevalent, but I’m surprised that S&W Autos are so popular. I’m guessing it has to be the M&P line of pistols. I’m also surprised that Walther and H&K aren’t better more common. Hoping to see what things look like with more votes.

Gotta tell you that I’m pretty surprised by the results so far. I was expecting Glock to be more prevalent, but I’m surprised that S&W Autos are so popular. I’m guessing it has to be the M&P line of pistols. I’m also surprised that Walther and H&K aren’t better more common. Hoping to see what things look like with more votes.
It initially surprised me to, but when you think about it, "S&W Auto" covers a lot of pistols. The M&P line alone has a lot of variants in it. I also have to admit that when the Shield first came out, it seemed wildly popular to me.

Bedside table now, Glock 19 4th Gen. When dressed into Glock factory belt slide. Properly modified. Bought the G 43X with factory installed night sights.
Even with the Shield 15 round aftermarket magazine? Still went back to the G19. With a G17 spare magazine. The many thousands of rounds spent down range, give a great deal of confidence in that pistol. A razor-sharp Benchmade folder, as a last-ditch pensil sharpener!

I have a number of different carry handguns. In Florida, the license is not tied to the guns. Depending on time of year, weather, dress and whim, I change choices often. Today or was a Sig P290rs

Kevin Rohrer said:
That list was very pedestrian, as in nothing high-end listed.

Wilson Combat 1911
Nighthawk 1911
Les Baer 1911
Alchemy Custom Weaponry 1911
Browning High Power
Gunsite customs 1911

Go big or stay home.

That's because most folks lack the disposable income necessary to purchase multiple high dollar firearms, much less risk them being damaged, confiscated, and quite possibly "go missing" from the evidence locker should they need to be used for Self-Defense.

Besides, most folks carry their firearms concealed beneath their clothing where the only person who will ever see them is the guy who is carrying the firearm and perhaps a criminal who most likely won't be able to admire it very much of for very long unless he manages to take it from you, and in which case, you most likely won't be able to admire it anymore.

Last but not least, high dollar firearms have something of a reputation for being less-than-reliable out of the box, since they're generally built more for competition use than personal protection, ergo their tighter tolerances make them more susceptible to malfunction from getting a bit of pocket lint stuck in the grooves from EDC than your average firearm.

I used to carry a Walther PPK/S, but I swapped it out for a Ruger LCP last year because while the PPK/S is obviously the nicer of the two, the LCP was just more convenient to carry. So yeah, there's really no benefit to carrying fancy firearms over just ordinary stuff, whereas there are plenty of drawbacks.

It initially surprised me to, but when you think about it, "S&W Auto" covers a lot of pistols. The M&P line alone has a lot of variants in it. I also have to admit that when the Shield first came out, it seemed wildly popular to me.
Big fan of the S&W M&P line. And the Shield is a favorite as well. I now have a Shield in 1.0 and a 2.0. Ugly little things, but utterly reliable, accurate for what they are, and easy to conceal. Plus plenty of aftermarket accessories/upgrades available everywhere. Especially when considering price point, they have to be the best bang-for-your-buck defensive handguns on the market today.

I pocket carry a Ruger LCP Custom all the time and a Sig P365 when leaving the house for an extended period of time.

I’m a revolver fan. My edc is a Ruger LCR .38spl but if I’m in the woods just walking around, it’s between my 629 and my 617. If I could find a holster I like for my Ruger MK4, I’d carry it. Many people scoff at those that carry revolvers but the one thing they can’t deny is ammo versatility. Especially when you can go from shot, to HP’s, sub sonic cast loads all in the same cylinder. Sure it won’t have the capacity but I don’t like carrying crazy amounts of ammo anyways when I’m in the woods.

EDC Handgun Roster

Like most members here, I have more than one gun that I rely on for concealed carry. The rotation includes:

Primary:

Glock 23
Smith & Wesson M&P9 (Full Size)
Taurus Millennium PT145
Kel-Tec PMR30
Norinco PPN

Backup:

Ruger LCP
Smith & Wesson 351PD

I love gun control. It lets me hit what I'm shooting at!

Back