What is your EDC handgun

What is your EDC handgun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I carry two guns, a Smith & Wesson Sigma SW40VE and a Ruger LCP as backup.

attachment.php

Kahr CM9 most of the time. If need something lighter, M&P340 (revolver) w/ crimson trace. Rarely in the winter, S&W M&P40c / 9c.

That list was very pedestrian, as in nothing high-end listed. :cool:

:) Wilson Combat 1911
:) Nighthawk 1911
:) Les Baer 1911
:) Alchemy Custom Weaponry 1911
:) Browning High Power
:) Gunsite customs 1911

Go big or stay home.

If not EDC, what handgun do you carry most of the time?

Picked 3, to reflect the 3 different guns I've been going back and forth on the "last couple-three-r-four" years. Taurus 605, S&W 642, and (currently) XDS 9.

All three come in about the same weight and physical size. Much larger and heavier, and I find it really inconvenient to actually carry it consistently. And I do actually carry at all times when I'm not in a legal GFZ.

I went to the XDS again, when the current societal weirdness started ramping up. Figured I wanted a little more capacity on my person, and 7+1 then a mag swap beats 5 then fumble. Yes, I know the stats say it is wildly unlikely I'd ever need to reload in a social encounter where the use of a gun is appropriate.

S&W Shield9 1.0

S&W M&P9C 2.0

S&W M&P40C 2.0

Still carry a 1911 now and again because they're faster, more comfortable to conceal and I just like them, but for about two years now the three above have been my EDCs. Not all at the same time, of course.

Most of the time I carry my Bulgarian Makarov in either a Tucker & Byrd OWB pancake holster or a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 IWB.

OLYMPUS-DIGITAL-CAMERA.jpg

Summer, Walther PPS M1 9mm. Winter, HK P2000 V1 9mm. Both have the paddle release that is ambidextrous friendly.

Back