What Is The Plan B or C In This Situation?

Put the safe battery on your daylight savings list and change it along with smoke detector and laser sight batteries. Also consider replacing your safe with one that uses a dial combination, no keys and no batteries.

I pulled up a bit of carpet near the safe and put a key under there, then tucked the carpet back into the molding. You'd never know it was there.

I HATE battery operated locks! I will never own a safe with one. I have one of those mini-vaults that runs on something like 8 AA batteries. I was having to replace the batteries about every 3 months - what a royal PITA! I simply gave up on that mini-vault and use the key that came with it.

Boy, if someone could invent a mini-vault that had an easy to open sequential/combination mechanical lock, I'd be all over it. There's a reason no one buys battery operated guns - why the heck do folks buy battery operated safes to keep their guns in? Freakin batteries!:mad:

Boy, if someone could invent a mini-vault that had an easy to open sequential/combination mechanical lock, I'd be all over it. There's a reason no one buys battery operated guns - why the heck do folks buy battery operated safes to keep their guns in? Freakin batteries!

There are several handgun safes on the market that use the Simplex style mechanical push button lock that are designed for quick access for your HD gun. There's one available for a shotgun as well.

Back