what is the coolest gadget

Andrew, did you get the model with the GPS, digital round counter, holosight, and bayonet? Or just the plain model with the wind sock?

:p

My coolest piece of gear that I've gotten recently? Scott Evans gave me a G-Code paddle holster a little while ago, I'm still haven't totally switched over to it yet because it fits a little different, but it is very nice.

Or possibly the shotgun bandoleer/uni-suspender that my wife made for me out of surplus webbing. Holds shotgun shells really well, and it holds up my pants on those 3 gun stages that require me to be athletic. :)

The three "coolest gadgets" I've recently purchased are: 1) The "Molon Labe" coaches jacket from Larry Correia~PERFECT FIT, and that happens infrequently. 2&3) The new PALights with the "always on" feature. The PALs are powered by a 9 volt radio battery and are supposed to run in the "always on" mode for two years. The always on mode is a soft glow which allows people like me who can't see in the dark, to find the little light. I find that after my eyes have adjusted to the dark, the soft glow of the always on feature allows enough light for me to read my watch in the dark, find a gun, or find my way to the bed without waking up my wife by falling over one of the dogs in the dark.:D
The other three settings are: 1) Med.--Power is supposed to last for 200 hours. 2) Bright-- (And it's a VERY bright, narrow beam.) Power is supposed to last for 20 hours. 3) "Strobe"--Power is supposed to last for 8 hours. (It strobes on "bright".)

KR

My newest coolest gadget is one of those metal .22 targets that when you hit the 5th target it resets (sorry I have no idea who made it, it was an impulse buy when I was picking up some reloading goodies) My son and I have already shot off all the paint. GReat way to waste a brick of shells in the afternoon.

My favorite new gadget is my new Ruck. BHI's X-1 R.A.P.T.O.R.. Complete with lowering lines, attachment points and straps for extra gear and 100oz hydrastorm hydration system.

AIRBORNE!

I have to say my Garmin eTrex Legend GPS along with the MapSource Metro and Topo CD-ROMs. Picked mine up, new on eBay for $185. This was just before Garmin started a $50 rebate offer. :rolleyes: As always my timing was perfect. :(

Still with this small unit and the downloadable maps from the CDs, driving, hiking and hunting have never been easier or safer. :)

Night Sights!

Night sights gotta be the coolest thing and practical to boot. Most criminal encounters are in low light, the walk back to camp is in low light, I can spot my weapon in the dark. Got em on my Glock, Redhawk, and 1911 almost...(they were out of Meprolites and put on PT's which are junk and will be changed.)

The pocket torches are cool too, you can solder 1/2" copper pipe with them. Haven't tried it on 3/4" pipe yet. It's:cool: to not have to lug a bigger torch wayyyy back in the crawlspace sometimes! Try Graingers for them, they have a wide selection of them.

Well, we got one o' them new-fangled indoor privies. I wasn't too sure about it at first. I figgered it can't be healthy to be sh***ing in your house and all. Now that the weather is getting colder, though, I 'm a believer.

Two things on the "most recent" list

Night sites for my Kahr K9 Elite and my Sure Fire E2.

They sleep together every night and where one goes, so does the other. Like someone said...low light CAN be bad if one is not prepared. With these two gems...I'm prepared for the low light and the LOW LIFE!

There are many others, but these two are my most recent.

DPS

Back