what is the coolest gadget

notos&w

... you've bought in the last 6 months? included are things like knives, flashlights, accessories for either or your gun, multitools, holsters, etc.
the definition of gadget is wide-open.

please include price and if obscure, place you bought it.

just bought an M3 illuminator and mount for my shotgun. light was $115 and the mount was $20

also scored a surefire E2E elite model for $50 nib.:D

trying to score a benchmade 710, a few nibbles but nobody with what i'm looking for. it pays to be patient though.;)

These are both common, but I think it's a toss up between the Fisher space pen and the Photon II microlight.

C-more red dot scope. I can't get enough of it on my .22 buckmark now! I'm buying .22 like crazy. I was doing "counter sniper "drills w/ it in the woods yesterday and hit 9 of ten head shots at @40 yards through the trees w/ a 4" barrel buckmark. It really makes it hard to miss.

Probably my Microtech Ultratech Double Edge Double Action Out The Front Automatic. How's THAT for a mouthful???!!! :p :cool:

Its seriously a pretty cool toy...

Where might one acquire a Microtech Ultratech Double Action Out The Front (MUDAOTF) in North Alabama?

Thanks,
Beren

:confused:

I've played with the UT DE DA/OTF - very nice indeed.

Coolest gadget I bought recently was an Inova X5T. Handy because it's tough and takes the used batteries from my Surefires. Not an outdoor spot light as it doesn't have much throw, but great for all kinds of indoor tasks. Awesome compliment to a Surefire, 'specially where the SF may put out a little too much light for benign tasks...

$36, was on sale.

Hey eap,
Where the heck did you get your Surefire E2E for $50!

That's my cool gadget of recent note (except I paid more). I strung a wrist camera strap through the little loop on the pocket clip.

I've been nuking other TFLers in the face with it (per request!). Score so far: Bogie, simon jester, Intune, and myself. :D

The E1e in my pocket right now. Unfortunately I paid a little more than EAP did for his E2e. :(

Looking for an E2e at a price I am willing to pay.

In the past 6 months?

I got me one of those Vector 3,000,000 candlepower spot lights. That thing is a monster. Comes with a strap for your shoulder as it is quite heavy. Liked it so much ordered another one yesterday.

Also, a plastic tool box. Not very exciting but now I keep all of my gun and scope cleaning stuff, ear plugs, safety devices, loading aids, tools, etc all in one package. Now I can clean and/or repair anything I have on site from one package instead of remembering I forgot to bring this or that and wait until I get home.

Krept,

Where did you get the X5T? I had one of the original X5's, but I ended up giving it to my mother because she needed a bright, compact little light. I really miss it, and wouldn't mind getting one of the tactical versions.

My niftiest gadget was probably my Garmin Etrex Legend.. GPS is fun!

i posted a wtb for the e2e and got an offer, the rest is history.

the photon II! yes, forgot about this little guy. it's a must have, small, weighs nothing, waterproof and cheap. i keep it on my keychain and use it often. never know it's there until i need it.

Hey Foxy,

I bought it on sale from botachtactical.com. They are now $46, $39 if you work for the Gov. or Mil. and register with B.K. Several other online places have them, such as 1sks.com, but Botach had the best price at the time.

Would REALLY love to get a decent GPS unit.

Another nifty gadget I'd like to get is the Blue Flame pocket torch... http://www.personal.u-net.com/~hill/

There is a place up in the northwest that sells them for @ $40 or so? Don't have the link at the moment... Don't smoke, but a lighter sized torch that doesn't fry your hand, plus has a lock-on feature and will burn at over 1,300 C for over 20min when full? Sounds good to me... melting glass, welding miscellaneous pieces of metal together... fun times!

All my carbon fiber toys.

beretta_cf.jpg

chrono_racer.jpg

Skunk... NICE Beretta Elite you have there. I recently got to shoot one.. it had been beat to heck through many, many stages of IDPA shooting (it belongs/belonged to a IDPA national champion a few years ago, before it found it's way to my friend). Even through all that, it was an outstanding shooter and convinced me to get a 92 of my own. Those carbon fiber stocks are quite spiffy too!

Another nifty gadget I'd like to get is the Blue Flame pocket torch... http://www.personal.u-net.com/~hill/

There is a place up in the northwest that sells them for @ $40 or so? Don't have the link at the moment... Don't smoke, but a lighter sized torch that doesn't fry your hand, plus has a lock-on feature and will burn at over 1,300 C for over 20min when full? Sounds good to me... melting glass, welding miscellaneous pieces of metal together... fun times!

OMG! The welding torch from Aliens! :D

I would have to say the neatest gaget i've bought recently is my Neon/xenon/laser/phaser with windspeedgauge for my loudenboomer MKV with pistolgrip stock. :)

Back