What is the appeal of Glock handguns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "brake" is automatically applied after each time the "gas" is stepped on, unless it is a Glock 18. Like a revolver has any "brake".

Perhaps you meant a parking brake?

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I never said it was a technically accurate description, only one I thought apt, in using terms the woman could easily understand.

There is no brake and on a Glock, there is no "Park" either.

Sure. Hopefully she gets it too, or she may just hold back the trigger expecting the pistol will go and go again.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In my experience and from my observation people love the pure, no frills, functionality and reliability of the Glock. They are like a hammer, rugged and reliable. Glock, being as popular as it is, also has great availability of lights, holsters, magazines, and spare parts.

With that said, provided its reliable and dependable, get what strikes your fancy. There are lots of good options these days.

One thing to watch out for is the price and availability of magazines. got a P365 and replacement magazines were $50 each regardless of size.

Consider that there are people that aren’t bothered by a firearm being boring.
Well, Glocks are nothing if not “boringly” reliable. ;)

However, their principal virtue is that they’re so simple to operate and shoot that even a Fudd can achieve minimal competency with them, provided he can handle the particular cartridge his Glock is chambered for.

I've always felt that Glocks are fair choices to issue to people who need a gun for their job, but don't know what a good gun is, and don't care one way or the other.

Lots of people tout its reliability, as if it were a feature other guns don't have. Its not. An acceptable level of reliability is a baseline, or if you prefer, a foundation. Its not a feature, it is a minimum requirement, and no individual gun should be counted as 100% flawless, even if it never choked, it still could.

One that meets or exceeds my requirements and personal preferences.

For you, that could be a GLock.

For me, its not.

That’s fair, but I feel like the statement you made previously comes across a lot more objective than it does subjective.

Also, what’s the significance of capitalizing the G and the L? You’ve done it multiple times, so I’m assuming there’s a meaning I am missing.

Some people like apples . . . some like oranges. I have been shooting for 60 + years and have owned man handguns of different makes. Never wanted a Glock . . . . until I tried one. My EDC is a Glock 29 . . . . maybe it's boring to some . . . . but I trust the function and accuracy of it . . . . never had an issue or hiccup with it. Simply put . . . boring or not . . . I'm willing to stake my life on it if the need ever arises . . . regardless of whether it's boring or not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder . . . and as Louis Sullivan preached . . . "form follows function". Every is different . . . buy what you like . . . just remember that function and reliability "trumps" appeal and pretty every time.

what’s the significance of capitalizing the G and the L? You’ve done it multiple times, so I’m assuming there’s a meaning I am missing.

Besides a bit of a sticky shift key, take a look at how they spell the company logo

GLock

44 AMP I've always felt that Glocks are fair choices to issue to people who need a gun for their job, but don't know what a good gun is, and don't care one way or the other.
Thats a pretty flawed assumption IMO.:rolleyes: If not downright asinine.
I'm positive I know "what a good gun is" and I most definitely do care.
I bought my first handgun at age 16, my first 1911 and Hi Power before I was 21. I didn't buy my first Glock until I was in my 50's.

Lots of people tout its reliability, as if it were a feature other guns don't have. Its not. An acceptable level of reliability is a baseline, or if you prefer, a foundation. Its not a feature, it is a minimum requirement, and no individual gun should be counted as 100% flawless, even if it never choked, it still could.
You may need to seek counseling for your fear of Glocksperfectionitis. "Lots of people" tout that reliability because its true.

44 AMP
Besides a bit of a sticky shift key, take a look at how they spell the company logo

GLock
No, its not.

The Glock logo is a stylized upper case letter "G" that incorporates an upper case letter "L" with the letters "OCK" inside the "G".[/QUOTE]https://uspto.report/TM/90800709
ALL the letters are uppercase....... "GLOCK"

Nowhere, on any Glock firearm ever, has the word "GLock" been marked, nor is that spelling used in any Glock literature. In fact, GLOCK is used.

How on earth anyone would think its spelled GLock is befuddling at best.

How on earth anyone would think its spelled GLock is befuddling at best.

So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.

Of course, unlike a certain advertising campaign, I never claimed to be "Perfection". :rolleyes:

So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.

Of course, unlike a certain advertising campaign, I never claimed to be "Perfection". :rolleyes:

Not all jokes are as funny as the teller might think; open mic night at a comedy club is a painful reminder of that.

That said, if you had stated, “I do it this way to poke fun of Glock and its fans”, I personally would have responded, “Okay”. When you instead say that people should look at the logo more closely and the logo isn’t the same as what you had been typing, then yes some people will point out the differences. Is that pedantic? Probably, but I can think of other past discussions on this forum that could also be argued to have been pedantic.

Last edited:
44 AMP

So, I'm befuddled. Possibly by the fact that all the letters are not the same SIZE
Yet THEY ARE. The letter you claim is a capital "L" is...... wait for it.....the exact same size as the "OCK".;) They are ALL capital letters. The letter "G" encompassing the others. It's a LOGO. Logos are logos. And that logo isn't spelled "GLock".

Your claim was that only the "G" and "L" were caps.....its clear they aren't.

and also that apparently when it comes to GLOCK some people can't (or won't) take a joke.
Oh please.
"But, but, but I was joking" is only applicable when actually making a joke. You weren't. You were either blind to the fact that "LOCK" in the logo are all the same size/font or you really think the brand is "GLock". Or you were purposely using "GLock" to be disparaging.

I suppose you think this is "OSiG"?
image.php

:D:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back