What is right, and wrong, with the "You picked the wrong girl" Glock commercial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get a good quality door and lock set.

Call the Police after the second knock.

Stand further back from the door.

Determine why an out of work actor is working for your local EMS.

Exactly........where was her cell phone calling 911/boyfriend/neighbor/etc.?
Where was the deadbolt? Those bathroom door locks can be opened with a mere shoulder shove. And on and on...........

What did she do wrong? Mind set. Even though fearing something might be about to happen and even going as far as getting a gun, she went back each time and sat down on the couch and wanted to believe that her home wasn't going to be invaded, the proverbial "It won't happen to me" syndrome.

I think the home invader picked the right girl. He just was stupid in his timing. Telegraphing scary behavior preceding a break-in with plenty of time between sending to give the occupant inside time to prep (even though she didn't use it initially) is not so likely in the real world.

And yeah, it was most definitely an ad to sell Glocks.

Shes cute, whatever shes selling, ill take 5. I'm a sucker for redheads :D

In all seriousness, I guess she should have called 911 after she retrieved her gun. Besides that I didn't see much in the video that led me to believe she was doing the wrong thing.

I think [normal] people are [naturally] reticent to call "911" for anything short of a confirmed threat.
It's a combination of self-doubt, feeling silly, 'it's-probably-nothing', and dislike of flying above the
radar/being put on record if it is nothing....

Then there's also the I-can-take-care-of-it-myself factor....
Which is where we came into this conversation. ;)

Last edited:
Yeah, that's what I think after reading all the comments. It's a plus with all things considered. If the young woman wants to tactically train more - you should be so lucky that she would talk to you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back