What is it?

Almost certain, coyote on the healthy side,

But common markings to many coyote

attachment.php

Last edited:
ChasingWhitetail91said: Never seen a wolf in the wild
Grey Wolf (timber) Believe me you don't want to. If your on the ground that is. Most folks forget at the time. When seeing one dog on the scout. There's usually more you haven't seen. Their always in a pack. Maybe one other (its mate) maybe 6-8 others. You just never know how many you'll encounter.

Speaking of What is it, i was out to check around my honey hole the other morning and came across alot of deer fur. There was a clear site where the deer was ambushed, but fifty feet from it there was more fur and blood but no bones. I ended up finding two bones (a piece of pelvis and a rib) but the part that stumps me is that the animal wasn't dragged from the kill site, it appeared to be carried over inside a thicket where it was eaten. Any thoughts on deer carrying predators in north east ct?

Not sure where exactly you're at Warbird, but we have coyotes coming out of our ears in my part of the state.(LaCrosse area.)
A few rumors of cats, but no wolves yet

Jo6pak

If you look at a map of the wolf range there's a "spike" that drops down in the middle of the state. We're right near the bottom of it (Marquette county).

We've had them (seen them) for about five years now. They are getting bolder every year. Now they'll chase a deer right by your stand. Alpha is a big black sucker. DNR has radio collars on some of them according to their website. These are timber (grey) wolves.

Sounds like a Sasquatch.......or a black bear. Bear will actually drag a deer to someplace where they can sit and eat, and then will cover the carcass up so they can come back and munch on it again later. While a bear has a hard time catching an healthy adult deer, they do well on deer wounded by bows, guns and cars.

Back