What is is your noise-in-the-backyard gear?

I hand my girlfriend a bat and a flashlight and have her go take a peek.

I darn near coughed soda through my nose on that post...

P.S. dont forget to tell her to make sure the cars are locked before she comes back in....:)

Surefire E-1, HK USPFS.45

I call my neighbor (airforce jet jockey). Send him out first to draw fire and then I'll attack from the flank! Poor Jet Jock falls for it everytime. He must be reading TFL though because last night he sent his wife out with a baseball bat! LOL

AIRBORNE!

Don't really have a yard, but i do have a front and back patio, that are both fenced in. I will agree with those that say let the police handle the house clearing.

If i manage to hear a person breaking in, then i will go to the stair well, so that i can defend the 2nd floor of my townhouse, but i am not descending the stairs looking for an intruder. To me that just doesn't seem very smart. But i will protect the upstairs, while my wife is on the phone with the cops. Ill let them take care of the ground floor.

I.G.B.

MP Freeman, remember, when you make semi-tactical love to tactical Theresa, most tactical operators are high speed low drag individuals that get in and out of there in a hurry!:D

Well, the house has motion detector lights all around, and the barn is well lit. So for the most part I can see far enough out into the yard to tell if someone is in the immediate vicinity of the house or in front of the barn, from a window.
If I see someone, I call the cops.
Its far more likely to be a varmint of some sort, so I usually grab a 3 D- Cell maglight and go check things out. Light stays off, and I move quietly through the yard looking for anything unusual. If necessary the light comes on to spotlight stuff. Should I find the varmint I do my best not to disturb it while I go get the old 12 gauge, or a .22 depending on whats handier. The dog occasionally comes along, she's good at treeing things :)

If the sound is a dead give away that somethings going on, I'd take the gun on the first trip out (again provided I don't see anyone from inside the house). Usually something upsets the dog, and we go check it out though.

Back