What is a good Standard Deviation for velocity

I think you have some dates mixed up Bart or are confusing Palma with F class

The ICFRA was not formed until 2002 and the NRA did not make it a official discipline until 2005. The change from a 2 MOA 10 ring to a 1 MOA 10 ring did not happen until 2007

F class started out in Canada during the mid 1990's and was named after George "Farky" Farquharson. JJ Conway and Bill Wylde introduced it into the US

Bart, How come just about everything you post is over 20yrs maybe going on 30yr. Is there anything current like shot this year.

Bart the NRA High Power, Palma, and F class are 3 separate disciplines. I have no clue as to Palma or High Power rules or targets but I do know they are not the same as F class and at my age the days of shooting iron sights farther than 50 yards are long gone

Last edited:
Bart, How come just about everything you post is over 20yrs maybe going on 30yr.
Because little has changed over the years. Cause and effect remain the same. Some records shot decades ago still stand. Check the size of the largest group in current long range aggregate records for several 10-shot groups. Several inches.

Is there anything current like shot this year.
No. Doesn't matter.

Last edited:
Based on the advice and knowledge he has given to me and many others over the years, Bart has a great deal of credibility in my mind. Thank you Bart, for your opinions.

Jim

Back