What is a good laser ?

In looking through this thread, I see comments from people who are probably excellent young or early middle aged men with good eyesight. I was like you not that long ago. Wait a few years, and you might be happy to have a laser on your gun.

All cats look grey in the dark. If I'm not carrying night sights, give me the laser. It's still no substitute for a flashlight and point shooting if you need to identify your target first, which is a prime tenet of my religion.

Clyde Carcas....

I'd suggest viewing the free CT DVD or maybe a few online videos of CrimsonTrace's Clyde Carcas(check spelling) talking about laser systems & lasergrips.
He goes into detail about tactics & even clearly states that laser aiming systems do not replace basic marksmanship.
They only augment the sights in certain situations.
Lasers or white lights are only tools to aid the gun owner/armed professional in a lethal force event.

Each to their own I suppose, for my part probably irrelevant to post but hey why not, I have 4 lasers fitted to rifles and shotguns , no pistols.absolutely love them, absolutely rely on them no! For low light/night hunting namely rabbits pigs unbeatable fun and improves strike rate dramatically, through quick target aquisition and a visual aid in lining up fast moving target a strong green laser is second to none especially with night shooting when iron sites sometimes hard to eye up precisely unless very familiar and practised, but even at that the laser allows for quick firing before even reaching your regular or optimum aiming position, I rate them for hunting! And you don't have to spend a heap my last 3 green dot lasers cost me under$60 aus and have held zero on a 12g lever gun for over 200 rounds

Back