What Holster Do You Use for EDC?

Remora IWB.

Some newer versions have a clip.
——Mine has No clip, and stays firmly in place by keeping my skinny leather belt a little tighter than normal.

It keeps the grips of my Sig P6, Walther P99 and CZ PCR closer to my hip than the Crossbreed-which simply didn’t work out.

My handguns are at about 9 o’clock.

I deal with Black Hills Leather for my edc.https://blackhillsleather.com
sixj5qzl.jpg

DeSantis Nemesis ultra-sticky pocket holster for my Springfield XDE. In the cooler months, I’ll sometimes carry the XDE in a custom made Bare Arms kydex holster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a N8 Tactical OT2 Micro for a Sig 290 RS 9mm.
Super comfortable as the rough grip never contacts your skin. Even when wearing basketball shorts and a T-shirt you don't know it's there.
Usually carry on my right hip but will also wear it appendix with a cross draw at certain times.

All my holsters, except the pocket holster, are leather

Sig P365 - Blackhawk TechGrip pocket holster #3
G19X / G45 - Bianchi PI (model 58) pancake for OWB, custom rig for IWB
Full Size 1911 - Tagua thumb break OWB
3" 1911 (Colt Defender) - Bianchi PI pancake for OWB, custom rig for IWB
Dan Wesson Vigil Commander. Custom OWB pancake (30 Degree cant) from GB Holster Company https://www.etsy.com/shop/GBHolsterCo
I also use the Defender IWB for the Vigil

George Bowers is a great craftsman and his prices are extremely reasonable. He's also easy to work with for a custom rig. His holsters are top notch!

Note: the custom IWB's are by a guy (Tom Meeks) who doesn't make holsters anymore.

My holsters are sturdy nylon sewn bags with belts. Each bag has a separate pouch for mags. Looks like a relatively small camera case. Super easy to take off and put on.

I love the minimalist style single clip at top kydex holster. Mine is made by Ozark but he is no longer in business though others make the same type holster. It is very easy to take on and off my Beltman leather gun belt with the pistol in it to minimize pistol handling. This comes in handy if I need to disarm to go into a certain place where I can't CCW and then easy to put back on. After I get home it goes into pistol safe the same way - pistol in the holster. I prefer kydex as it does not absorb moisture, thin and light weight, great retention that is adjustable, does not collapse like leather can making holstering difficult on the belt, easy on the gun finish as the retention is done mostly at the trigger guard, and completely covers the trigger guard.

16puVx6.jpg

LFF2ytk.jpg

Pcmev8l.jpg

I decided to give the De Santis Pocket Shot holster a try.

desa-110-pocketshot__91414.1565644079.jpg

I almost always wear Wal Mart blue jeans,,,
This fits the back pocket very nicely,,,
The Holster fits my LCP very nicely.

I was having back and leg pains,,,
They stopped when I started carrying my wallet in my front pocket.

That opened up the back pocket,,,
So far I've been very happy with this rig.

It's odd firing the LCP with it wrapped in leather,,,
But I practice at the range so it's getting more comfortable.

Aarond

I like Vedder's products. However I still find that their claw attachment does not rise high enough to be fully contained under the belt. At times, on my Walther PPS, the claw got stuck under the belt-line and things got a little weird. I carry AIWB 99% of the time in a JM Custom Kydex "Wing Claw 2.5" holster. Love the thing. I have one for my PPS (my usual carry) and also my CZ P-07, although I carry it very rarely these days since it's kinda bulky.

I've never found it comfortable to carry a semi-auto behind my hip -- the angles seem all weird. But lately I've taken to carrying a J-frame revolver at 4:00 where it disappears nicely in a Concealment Express holster. As long as the grips are somewhat narrow, I just find that revolvers conceal way better behind the hip because the grips curve better and you can also conceal lower and still get a good grip on the gun.

But yeah I'd never hesitate to carry anything in a Vedder holster. I even have one of their t-shirts :) (which I wear more often than their holster, but whatever).

I will only EDC kydex, both for safety and because I live in South Florida, where it's very hot, except when it's really hot. And humid. Did I say it was hot? Well it is. Vedder and Tulster are among my top favorites at present. These are a couple of my Vedders. They're in Florida, so they know the weather score and I like the craftsmanship and fit.

49863895813_71143ff222_b.jpg

I will only EDC kydex, both for safety and because I live in South Florida, where it's very hot, except when it's really hot. And humid. Did I say it was hot? Well it is. Vedder and Tulster are among my top favorites at present. These are a couple of my Vedders. They're in Florida, so they know the weather score and I like the craftsmanship and fit.

49863895813_71143ff222_b.jpg

I live in hot, muggy Oklahoma so what is the safety concern of not using anything but kydex? Don’t get me wrong, I like my kydex bare arms holster for my XDE Springfield but number one, I don’t like how it scratches the finish of the gun and number two, it’s plastic which means there’s no give to it at all. It can be rather uncomfortable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back