What Holster Do You Use for EDC?

jman841

I did a bunch of research into holster options for my new P365 and ultimately decided on the vedder light tuck with the claw for AIWB.

But, there are an insane amount of options. Curious to what holster others are using.

Please state the holster name/model, firearm it's for, and position you carry in to have a good grasp of which holsters people like for different positions and firearms.

I prefer leather rather than Kydex. My preferred holsters are Horseshoe Leather (that's a company, not the material), model 22H, OWB. I have them for Commander-size 1911s and for the shorter, Officers ACP 1911.

On the rare occasions I carry a Colt Pony 380, it's in a Don Hume leather holster. Don't remember the model.

xo6twvTl.jpg

This one.

for my hellcat, appendix and back carry in another bradec holster thats not pictured
fTnwoK9.jpg

QUUxFqU.jpg

and i have one of theese eeach for the 365 and xl , appendix
iEXLoCh.jpg

Have a variety and more often than not wear at the 3 to 4 o’clock position for all, but for my Glocks I use kydex AIWB/IWB by Davis Tactical. The one for my G26 w/TLR-6 has no wing claw, but the ones for my G19 & G45 do (one for them with a TLR-7, the other for them with an Olight PL-2 Mini). The single, wide FOMI Clip was immediately replaced, using either closed kydex loops or “Pull the Dot” snap loops (prefer these for ease of taking off/on as necessary).

17fd167cb0e8e3a3b295c18c3badb7ba.jpg

63605a5e21db43cdd49a611097573bb9.jpg

9e571baf3916eb732e964e0ab28a99c2.jpg

Have leather IWB holsters from Winthrop for my Beretta PX4’s and CZ P-07 (have kydex IWB coming for them with the Olight mounted).

6f50ba18f6c8a04f1f82d1f84aa4b06a.jpg

Also have a Stealthgear IWB for my PX4 Compact, but prefer the above mentioned Winthrop (more comfortable when wearing it the better part of 14+ hours daily).

d1d1022dc65bb0c49a3c35347e7fb71c.jpg

For my CZ100, was more difficult to find a holster, but found this AIWB/IWB variant from FrontLine through an eBay vendor.

37949006ee9a594b3060e7ec34470688.jpg

130db4a556127f7fb2e74fe002c1eff8.jpg

For my Taurus 617, I use a Bianchi 3S IWB holster (and have another IWB coming from Falco with wide position snap loops and open top).

66a4d58a387adc54f4c7df684507ca92.jpg

Last edited:
Garrett Silent Thunder
All the pros of leather... without the cons of kydex
All the pros of kydex... without the cons of leather
:)
High quality and durable construction
Multiple attachment styles available
Multiple standard options plus customization if desired
Fair price and great people

FE5-DB76-B-2-C3-E-4-AA3-8-FEE-626-B9839-ECA3.jpg

I pocket carry a mouse gun, Kel-Tec P32. So this Blackhawk pocket sleeve works great. I've tried IWB and it's too uncomfortable, or I'm too fat? :o

Attachments

• pocketcarry.JPG
    pocketcarry.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 40
Bersa Thunder Plus in an AZULA 938 holster. Hi-rides are all I ever use. The Azula holster is super-nice and inexpensive.

attachment.php

I use a Don Hume H715-M WCS model for EDC. I carry IWB at about 2 o'clock (just in front of my hip bone). There are some YouTube videos on this holster. These are thin, lightweight, fitted leather holsters that are reinforced for long wear and safe reholstering.

I bought mine from Don Hume a few years ago and wear it daily. IIRC, my range buddy got his holster for about $10 less at Gunner's Alley.

I own too many holsters to detail any of them here. Suggest the OP goes to the 1911Forum and look at the hundreds of holsters pictured there.

I did a bunch of research into holster options for my new P365 and ultimately decided on the vedder light tuck with the claw for AIWB.

But, there are an insane amount of options. Curious to what holster others are using.

Please state the holster name/model, firearm it's for, and position you carry in to have a good grasp of which holsters people like for different positions and firearms.

Pocket carry: DeSantis Nemesis. Have a Mica pocket holster for one snubby. That's good too.

Belt carry: kydex one piece wrap around "taco" style, with 2 pull the dot snap loops. Currently Galco Triton or Blade-tech Nano. Many vendors make this style.

Currently experimenting with a a Blade-tech Eclipse, a wider format holster.

For my CZ100, was more difficult to find a holster, but found this AIWB/IWB variant from FrontLine through an eBay vendor.

I am utterly amazed that you found a source for a CZ-100 holster. That's the gun that almost no one remembers now. CZ's first foray into the striker fired plastic wundernine world.

I use an Outbags USA M&P40 Compact IWB Leather Holster for my SW40VE. It's an inexpensive, American-Made Leather Holster which is actually for the M&P Compact, but it will work with Sigma Series pistols as well due to the similarities in size/shape between Smith & Wesson's Compact Polymer Frame Pistols.

I've been using it on a daily basis since Christmas and it has broken in nicely, but other than that it's not even particularly worn. The stitches are still nice and tight, the belt clip still has its finish intact, and it still holds my pistol in snugly enough that I can hold hold it upside down without the pistol slipping out of place, yet it comes out smoothly when drawn.

Last edited:
Clinger pocket holster, K Rounds IWB appendix, and Undertech t-shirt/holster.
When I'm actually shooting, I use a Don Hume JIT.

Attachments

• siggear2.jpg
    siggear2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 24
Back