What gun would you own (if not for the 1986 law)

I think I would own nothing I can't have already. For me a full-auto gun is a waste of money. I'm not saying other people shouldn't own one, of course! But I personally wouldn't want one.

Hmm.

If I could have any one that I wanted without the hassle of NFA, I'd go for the following.

Glock 18C with rail.
Vertical grip for rail.
Extended(6") ported barrel.
A bunch of 33rd mags or maybe a few of the 50rd drums that Sportsmans Guide has for them.
Tritium sights.
Full Robar package, to include their grip mods (slim and checker).
Custom fit semi-rigid foam case with room for 5 mags, 1 drum, and exterior pocket for 100rds of extra ammo.

All bundled up together in a pretend package under my imaginary Christmas Tree :D

I'd want a full auto 10/22 too, but I'd want a heavy barrel on a butler creek folder.

I'd also like a M249 SAW for when the zombies attack...

I'd also like a M249 SAW for when the zombies attack...

That's what the 75mm recoilless rifle is for. HE rounds will do a number on a whole group of zombies. Turn it around 180 degrees and I can use it on tailgater's as well.:D

121374339_e49a6993b8.jpg

I'm satisfied with semi-auto only in lightweight, mag-fed rifles (though the 86 law angers me on principle :mad:), so I would choose something belt-fed. Maybe an M249.

I'd love to have an M16 lower with a .22LR belt or drum-fed SBR upper. I want something cheap to shoot. That "10/22 Exotic Weapons System" was always pretty cool looking.

A lot of these guns you guys want the 86 ban had nothing to do with. The 1968 GCA stopped all FA imports for the private citizen, so give up the Glock 36 most H&K products etc.

For me I want a 1908 Maxim, Vickers, 1919 browning, BAR, Browning 50 M2, STG44, MG38, all the US Subguns, German Subguns, English Subguns, Italian Subguns. all WWI MG's, all WWII MG's get the idea?

For a modest sum of about 75-100K in the early 60’s this collection could have been assembled. Go to the early 80’s and the same would have been possible for under 200K.

Try that today. Watch the auction at J. Julia’s auction house of the Bruce Stern collection and see what they are worth today.

Back