What gun would you own (if not for the 1986 law)

smithrob75

Inactive
Let me start off by saying (IMO) some of the best guns were made before 1986, but if I was still able to purchase a post 1986 gun, I would probably want something like an M4 or a Glock 18. For some reason the MP7 never appealed to me, I just really like the MP5. I watched the Military Channel and Isreal has a new gun that looks really cool (some kind on bullpup design)

I guess another question is, has there been a lot of innovation since 1986 ? It seems like a lot of MG are just refinements or modified versions of guns that have been out a while (M16 and M4) etc.

As for your original question, check out this thread.

I guess another question is, has there been a lot of innovation since 1986 ? It seems like a lot of MG are just refinements or modified versions of guns that have been out a while (M16 and M4) etc.
You'll find answers to this question by browsing the NFA section of this site. There has been some innovation, but because it is not available to Joe Citizen, there is not a lot of news or discussion about it. The Kriss Super-V comes to mind, as well as piston style AR's and P90 type weapons.

Galil sar or mar
sar
g_sar.jpg

mar with an uzi for size comparison
Galil_MAR_UZI.jpg

what would i own?

a 1927 Thompson , a 1918 BAR, a Browning M2 heavy machinegun with tripod.an M-14 with fire selector, an MG-42 an STG-44 and just for kicks even though its a commie weapon an AK-74.

FNH P90, hands down. :cool:

I wouldn't mind gettin' my hands on a Glock 18C, though (as long as I can hard chrome the slide). Probably the only Glock I'd care to own. :D

Well, the first one would be a Select-Fire 10/22. I would then probably go with an UZI. After that I would have to think for awhile.

Easy enough,

An M-16 with safe, burst, and auto trigger group. The burst mechanism would somehow be altered from 3 shot burst down to a 2 shot burst though. I would then get a dozen uppers ;)!!

I read about a recoiless 20 round drum fed 12 gauge with select fire in some commando type mag a couple years back. I want one.

I want a full auto 1911 single stack with one of those 50 round drums.

I saw belt fed .22LR for 10 grand once when I was in Little Rock. It was real small and kind of cute. Couldn't even begin to tell you what it was called or who made it.

I want a pistol grip (no folder, no stock, just the pistol grip) short barreled (eight inches will work) supressed (removeable can) select fire 10/22 with burst option.

A glock 18 that has one of those new metal frames (they are real, and made in the U.S., the frame, not the gun) and a ton of 33 round mags to go with it.

My ultimate Fun Gun would be a supressed, select fire, Ruger 10/22. Fun to shoot, controllable and dirt cheap to shoot......hpg

Too expensive to own even if they were legal, but I'd love to shoot some of the classics. Thompson, BAR, M2, M42.

To own there was a .22 cal back in the late 60's early 70's that looked like a mini-Thompson complete with either drum or stick. I'd like the heck out of that thing cause I could afford to shot it.

Back