What exactly are the pros of BP over modern firearms?

THanks for the link, TexasSiG. I checked them out and while they have a good selection of revolvers, I was more looking towards a single-shot, LePage duelling pistol style of weapon that's affordable.

Also I was wondering what the reliablility on these guns are, as the LePage itself is a good $350 (if they even ship to Hawaii; I know some places don't), which is nearing the price of several new autoloaders and "modern" revolvers I was looking at...

Might I inform you guys that Cabela's in Minnesota, only, but will accept telephone orders, are selling "A" 1858 Remington for 139.95, a Grand Opening Sale for a new store in the state, available in all 3 in state stores.

Plan to call tomorrow, myself. Spare cyl is 35 bucks, 175 for a Remmie with 2 cyls, and steel frame.

Part # 25395-01, gun, and 21645-00, cyl.

Sale dates, 10-28-05, to, I think, 11-06-05.

Here's the link to the page, phone number is at the top.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/c...er.html?catalog_name=rtl_20051014&store_num=3

How good it is, as the regular price is only 159.95, I don't know.

Cheers,

George

Why BP over a modern Firearm?

Well, I like to Elk hunt with my blackpowder rifle because I am more successful with it. The reason? Because the hunting season coincides with a season favorable to calling bull elk close and there are fewer hunters in the field.

For deer? I still use my browning 7mm mag!

Regards

Back