What don't they make that you want?

I saw an FN "Congo" with a folding stock that was pretty darn close to what I was looking for on paper (or the screen), but I am looking for a purpose built hunting gun, not a military style weapon.

Imagine a gun with those characteristics that looked no more threatening than a Rem 7400 with a short barrel. I can't really stroll into a hunting lodge with an FN and maintain any credibility, let alone a straight face :).

------------------
-Essayons

Rob
You're worried about credibility after shooting skeet with Super 90 M1? :D

What about the Blaser R93? Would that fit your criteria? BTW, there is an interesting writeup on the Blaser in the newest American Gunsmith newsletter.

[This message has been edited by fal308 (edited April 21, 1999).]

S&W made a K frame revolver in 9mm in the early to mid 80s; it is model 547. Ruger chambered the Speed Six and Security Six in 9mm too. Finally, Astra exported to the U.S. a 6 shot revolver in 9mm. All of these models use moon clips. The S&W and Ruger models were largely for export to Europe, although some were sold here. I used to see them in stores in the mid-80s. For what it's worth, Colt has acquired the Medusa revolver and will sell it soon as the Scorpio or Scorpion. This handgun will chamber rounds in the .355 to .357 range.

Karanas - Good call - but I am not sure if I would want one... After all - I still dont know what one looks like. But one thing I did forget:

LIGHTSABER - I know its not a GUN - but I want one just the same. It would have many every day uses... think about it... :)

------------------
SICK AND TIRED OF...

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited April 28, 1999).]

Trevor,
I believe the SS&W 547 did not use moon clips. It had a unique extraction system that was very positive. I would prefer moon clips myself. The last time I saw a 547 I couldn't afford it. They tend to be "savers" not shooters. They were either 3" round butt or 4" square butt, both without adjustable sights. It seems like a good piece but it didn't sell in the U.S.
Cat

Back