What does 60 pound inches of torque

The Harbor Freight 1/4" inch drive clicker torque wrench should do nicely (20-200 inch pounds), I have a couple of them, I had them certified for accuracy for reasons which aren't important for this thread other than to say they are plenty accurate enough.

Remember to always turn the torque setting on any torque tool to 0 before putting it away, leaving it at a torque setting for prolonged periods of time will cause accuracy issues with the spring.

Remember to always turn the torque setting on any torque tool to 0 before putting it away, leaving it at a torque setting for prolonged periods of time will cause accuracy issues with the spring.

...and never use it as a regular ratchet for breaking fastener's loose.

Something I learned the hard way when I loaned mine out to a guy that was supposed to be a mechanic. He did this and when he brought it back it was knocked way out of calibration.

Sometimes it can be more costly getting a cheaper torque wrench re-calibrated then a new one cost. And still yet, some of the real cheap ones are throw aways and cannot be re-calibrated once they're screwed up.

Back