What do you think is the best press for me?

Forster Co-Ax with a RCBS RockChucker sitting alongside. Co-Ax is a handy tool and getting good precision is natural with not much effort at all. You will still need your other singe stage presses for some tasks but you'll find the Co-Ax is your main press.

For the price of the Prazi (maybe less), before fees and shipping, you could get a convertible bullet swaging press. They're built to about the same standards, in a very similar fashion. Most people just don't know that they exist.

Understood that the T7 is basically a replacement of the Lyman in function, but it is much better.
This ^^

I have owned both. The Redding T-7 remains, because it is superior in every way. Tighter, beefier, more precise, actually aligned properly, and more.
Lyman Turret : Redding T-7 :: Lee hand press : Forster Coax

I own or have owned the Lyman Turret, T-7, RCIV, Lee (2), Dillon 550, Pacific C, and I think I'm forgetting one. Plus time spent with Hornady LNL, Redding Boss, RCII, RCBS Partner, and some more.

The RCIV and T-7 are the only ones that see any use now, except a Lee press that is a dedicated decapper for range brass (keeping that filth away from the good presses, before case cleaning).

I have 4 Lee's--already a big fan of their's. And the one Lyman turret. So far I'm leaning towards the co-ax--though I still am fascinated by the Prazi.
For the price of the Prazi (maybe less), before fees and shipping, you could get a convertible bullet swaging press.
Corbin?

Last edited:
I don't know if the Corbin CSP press is still offered as a convertible. I have not kept up with Dave Corbin's business.
The "other" Corbin's Walnut Hill presses do have a reloading setting in the toggle. And Richard Corbin's products will actually ship within your lifetime.
There are a few designs on the castboolits forums that some vendors build for sale.
Blackmon presses seem to still be available, as well. But I don't know how keen you are on horizontal reloading. (Also a totally different style press, based on castings.)
There was another one introduced a year or two ago. I cannot remember who made it. (Boutique tool maker. Good stuff, but weird name.)

You already have the Lee CCT which is my fav for pistols and plinking rounds in .223 and 7.62x39. I do all my other rifles on my Lyman Orange Crusher, I really prefer the cam over action of this press. You do have to kind of develop a feel for the Crusher, but once you learn that it’s pretty reliable for good quality ammo. Using Redding body dies and Lee collet neck dies runout is consistently under .002” and most often under .001” or less.

Look at the Dillon 550C. Probably a long wait to get one since theirs been a huge run on them.
As of May 1st, the estimated ship time for a new order was 8 months for the press. Dies, shell plates, powder measures, etc. all have their own lead times.

I have a lee classic turret for regular reloading and a walnut hill swage press to make my custom JHP rounds with, but it can handle anything except .50 which I'm not going to get. I had a RCBS, but broke it trying to swage my JHPs - my own fault - press wasn't designed for it. My beef w/ RCBS is de-priming seriously stinks on rock-chuckers - but then I de-prime and re-prime by hand off-press myself.... I've seen dillons and can't understand the love they get - most are tricked out in ways I'd never do myself. They also seem somewhat pricy to me. I'm always going to favor a turret press design over a single stage for regular reloading because it forces good habits and makes for good solid repeatable process. You finish an entire round at a time without having to change dies. I have found most quick-change collars that I have experienced to be not that great. They seem to be good at quickly getting you inconsistent results as they loosen up. My 2 cents worth - worth every penny....

I keep seeing the Lee Classic Turret mentioned. But what about the Lee Classic Cast press. Very similar to a Rockchucker. Spent primers collected through a plastic tube out the bottom. Left or right hand switchable for the lever. Takes regular dies or their quick change collars, (similar to Hornady), that I don't like.
Also priced a little lower than the RC. I've had mine for about 18-20 years. No problems. And Inline Fabrication makes one of those shell kickers for it too, and other stuff.

Back