What do you make of this?

I'll add my story if only to help you figure out your problem.

I bought a new Springfield Ronin in 10mm and went to shoot it for the first time. I took along a couple boxes of factory ammo and proceeded to have fun. No fun was had as it would not extract the fired case every time. It quickly turned into a single shot 1911 with a manual extractor, me.

I returned home and scrubbed it down, dug out some different mags, went back to the range and of course, had the same problems. Once back home I took the barrel out of the Ronin and a RIA 1911 in 10mm and inserted a live round into the chambers. The round fell flush into the RIA but stood proud out of the Ronin. I tried this with I think with 4 different brands of factory 10mm and only one would fit flush in the Ronin with all fitting flush in the RIA.

The only reason I never took any of that ammo to the range was at the time I only had a single box of each and didn't want to shoot it yet as 10mm was hard to find.

I ended up contacting S.A. and sending it back. They were most helpful and when I got it back they had reamed the chamber and installed a new extractor. It shoots everything I put in it now. I guess my point is that your issue could be something similar to my problem.

I greatly appreciate everyone's input. I will start with what the gunsmith has to say and then proceed to Uberti if necessary. I considered that the reload/no warranty argument could arise and I guess I will deal with that if need be. Interestingly, I have never had an issue with one of my reloads but I have had issues with factory ammuntion. I have read on other forums that their are better barrels out there than the one that came on the Uberti such as Badger and Green Mountain and would consider switching barrels if need be depending on price. In any case, I am planning on contacting Uberti and letting them know of the issues.

Similar problem

I had something of a similar problem with a Marlin 1895 Cowboy Limited in 45 Colt. Beautiful rifle bought new. I had a good quantity of 45 ammo so I took the gun out and shot up a lot of it. I noticed it had difficulty extracting some cases but put it off on new gun which need to be shot and broken in. When I got around to reloading the cases the problem was apparent. The cases barely could be resized. The gun had an egg shaped and oversize chamber. It took maximum force to get the cases to enter the sizing die.
My call to Marlin was no help. The asked if it shot and extracted factory ammunition. Yes it would. They condition of the case after firing was not their concern.

Back