• Stainless

Votes: 52 54.2%
  • Black

Votes: 39 40.6%
  • Flat Dark Earth

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Olive Drab Green

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other color....... You should be ashamed of yourself.

Votes: 4 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why is there no choice for "Blued"? I prefer blued, and I am NOT ashamed of myself for that preference.

:sigh: Yet another defective Internet poll.

I own stainless revolvers and a 1911. The polymer semi autos are black because that's what they come in and I don't like a stainless slide on top of black polymer. Everything is black these days. Blue is most attractive and its wear patterns it develops makes it more so to me but it now costs so much more too.

I refer polished blue, followed by polished black, then a fine matte blue, black, or parkerized. However, I won't turn my back on polished stainless or bright nickel.:)

Back in the mid 80s I ruined a Sig P220 due to rust. I worked a bad wreck in the rain one night and my Sam Browne belt, holster, and weapon was drenched. When I got off duty the next morning I had to go to court and when I finally got home I forgot about my gear that I'd placed in the trunk of the Crown Vic.

I was off for the next three days but come Monday morning when I remembered my gun belt I went out to the car and got it out of the trunk. The slide of my P220 was covered in a light coating of red rust. I cleaned it off, the best I could and traded it in on a then new Randall stainless 1911 that I carried for several years.

Due to that incident for the rest of my career I would only buy and carry stainless weapons. Which included a 4" S&W 629, Colt Series 80s stainless Combat Commander, S&W model 60 backup and a Kimber Custom Combat Carry 1911, all of which I still own.

While stainless is not 100% rust proof it is still far more forgiving than carbon steel when it comes to rust. Now that I'm retired it really doesn't matter all that much and these days so I generally carry a Ruger LCP, S&W 640, Glock 26 or my Kimber or a combination of them. Since I've always carried a backup weapon to my main carry piece.

7th

I love the BLUED look.

I love the corrosion resistance of stainless.

So I guess the best compromise I could get for would be a stainless gun with a black coating.

I have both black and stainless. I prefer the black finsh for my carry guns.
That being said there is nothing more beautiful than a highly polished dark blued finish. IMHO...

Back