What do you learn from a gunfight?

Golgo, I haven't seen them. I don't even know which ones are available in English. But they're great.

For those in the dark, Golgo-13 is tall, dark, humorless, and Japanese. He has these huge bushy eyebrows and these unforgiving concorde windshield eyes. Makes one-hole groups at ranges of 600miles+ with his customized M16A2. Dang I love that guy. Every now and then I used to pick it up and read it before I got on the train etc etc. Guy shoots down Piper Cubs like skeet. I swear, it's the greatest thing LOL.

I swear when he had that depleted uranium round cast for him and shot it out of a M16A2 I had a fit for hours.

As for anime, there's a LOT of great swordplay stuff that isn't out in the States yet ... in Japan, most animation starts off as different weekly series in these huge thick mass pulp magazines distributed weekly/monthly. Readers can then pick the series of their choice and buy it in a much smaller book edition. Finally after a short binge of popularity it is adapted to screen. Most of the good stuff never makes 3rd stage though because comicbook writers tend to be their own artists/storytellers and have complete artistic control, and hate relinquishing it to others.

Best gun series: "City Hunter" ... Ex-merc turned private eye who can't get laid ... or "Gunsmith Cats" ... 2 female traffic cops who haul M249s and blast away at double parkers, habitual speeders, and just about everyone else. Plenty of NDs.

Er, what was the original topic?

What did *I* `learn'?

That I am only human.

And every time I dress the scars remind me.

------------------
Doleo ergo sum,
-HALFPINT-

You anime watchers....
You can order VHS tapes or DVD's on the topics we briefly talked of on the internet.

As soon as I can, I will get you some good sites. My daughter is watching a lot of it subbed so that we get the full flavor of the Japanese language and voices.

She tells me only the newbies order the dubbed tapes.

love the anime...subbed only, the way to go...just released 'princes mononoke' out here...brought tears

i read of others experiences to so that i can learn, from their mistakes or their correct actions....i have very little experience in such things, and hopefully will never have....just in case, i listen as much as possible...

------------------
speak now, or forever hold your peace

Back