What do you do with your CCW---

I really like the idea of the Secure-It. Only problem is my primary carry is a 5" 1911 :( .

Of course the best way to remedy this is to go ahead and buy that Springfield GI Champion I have had my eye on right? I'm sure my wife will see the logic in that....lol.

W

A couple of times a week I have to go to schools, churches and the courthouse all of which are a no no when it comes to CCW.
Some of us have to cope with that.

The metal detectors at our local courthouse by the way will pick up your keys, your wrist watch or even a small amount of pocket change.
Theres no way you can sneak a peice through one without a lot of luck and providence.
It would be nice if the rocket scientists who came up with these provisios had also required such places to have a "check your gun" system in place, wouldn't it?

If I can'y carry there, I don't go. Make a point of asking for the manager/owner and leaving a little card that says why I don't do business there anymore. Some store owners are getting wise and asking what they can do about it. I give them another card with the names of the local state reps and senators, and tell them they need to work to help get the law changed. I make polite, ensure them that it isn't personal, I am just not capable of trusting anyone else with the safety of my family.

There are no establishments here that keep CCW out by choice, it's all legal, generally because they sell alcohol. Not bars mind you, here, the law says if they sell alcohol, no CCW. That means no convenience stores that sell beer, no Wal- Mart, etc. etc......

Slowly I'm getting the business community involved, and they appear to be supportive. 1 service station owner even comes outside to get his cash, wants my business.

Sam

"It would be nice if the rocket scientists who came up with these provisios had also required such places to have a "check your gun" system in place, wouldn't it?"

Our tax collector's office is in the courthouse. Since it's a courthouse, no weapons allowed. I have to take all the crap out of my pockets and put it in a little tray to be inspected, maybe run through the xray machine. They always take my car keys and put them in a little numbered paper envelope and give me a ticket to pick it up when I get back.

I have half a mind to play dumb and when the guy says to empty my pockets, I'll lay the revolver in the tray with my keys and change and tell the officer to just put it in the little bag and give me my ticket.

I hate leaving the guns in a vehicle in a courthouse parking lot, 'cause every criminal would have to know- if you carry a gun, it's in there. Usually I'm in a company vehicle. I had a safe in there for a while. They asked what the safe was for, and I was politely informed the company has an antigun policy.

I bought a small strong box w/a key lock and had a local metalsmith drill two 2" holes in the back. Through these I padlocked the trailing ends of a a long cable which I wound around the left front seat runners. This lockbox on the left, backseat floorboard is where I store my carry weapon the few times I'm not able to go armed. It's not a perfect setup, but beats the shiznit out of a glovebox.

U.F.O.

Back