What classifies a small/medium/large(big) bore rifle?

For game purposes in this State. No doubt is the bases of my opinion.
{Anything larger than 32 cal is a big bore in my book.}
Mountain dwellers & cajun fellows I await y'll's response.

Rim fire 22 LR I consider small bore

My thoughts are that anything smaller than 30 caliber is a small bore.

30 caliber thru 375 is medium bore.

Greater than 375 is large bore.

I would enjoy a BP 4 ga. shotgun. :cool:

How many here actually own a seventeen caliber in either rimfire or centerfire, and where, oh where, would we stick that darned .204? Three microbores. one can blow a squirrel's head to pulp. Another can blow the squirrel to pulp. The third can blow a possum's innards into soup.

I've seen some interesting things about the 17 hmr. Literal destruction of some things, and other objects that barely felt a thing. A study of kinetic energy vs momentum.

How many here actually own a seventeen caliber in either rimfire or centerfire, and where, oh where, would we stick that darned .204? Three microbores. one can blow a squirrel's head to pulp. Another can blow the squirrel to pulp. The third can blow a possum's innards into soup.

I've seen some interesting things about the 17 hmr. Literal destruction of some things, and other objects that barely felt a thing. A study of kinetic energy vs momentum.
They are all smallbores. Doesn't matter if it's a .22 or anything smaller. And I own a .17 HMR, plus a .17-223 CF.

Back