What are your favorite accessories?

Is a spare gun considered an accessory?
But seriously, I carry enough small tools and parts to the range to bore you all.
Kind of left over from my motorsports and scuba diving days.
Old habits die hard.

Reactionary steel targets, amplified hearing protection muffs, a good pedestal rest with rear bags and plenty of thirty round magazines; since they are illegal to purchase here in Maryland but lawful to possess.

stuff

I bought a metal target stand from Dillon's, and the thing is great, with some old lath strips and cardboard, or a discarded election sign, you can place a decent paper target almost anywhere safe. No more scrounging or improvising something to hold a target.

I've got a middle of the road spotting scope, a burris 20x, that is useful on targets to 200 yds, and doubles as a a scouting/hunting optic, packable and clear enough.

I think the Boresnake gadgets are useful for a quick touch up on a bore.

And.....a .22 Cowbell Target is a hoot. Stick that thing out there a 100-200 yds and your .22 shooting takes on a whole new dimension.

Bore Snakes

I like to have BORE SNAKES for my popular calibers, they come in handy

just a light cleaning, I think using them is easier on your bore , you dont need to scrub your bore with a metal brush and rod everytime, especially if your firearm has a chrome lined bore, just use the bore snake.

I still use regular cleaning rods & brushes on my surplus rifles and the warm soapy water routine.

Ears - electronic preferred
Eyes - Randolph Rangers with colored scrip lenses
Range bag - one for pistol, one for shotgun; big enough to carry what I need, but not so big I can't lift it.

Safariland Speed loaders. Lews lead remover. Factory interchangeable front site blades for my old Ruger Red Hawk. My reloading travel bag with all the necessary tools to reload anywhere's i.e. the cabin_ range_ or off the back off my UTV if there's a need. (which did take place a couple times. Neighborly Turkey Shoot and in the field yote hunting with my finding only 3 loaded-223 rds and 47 spent in a abused MTM cartridge box.

Back