What are you riding?

Lucas

Having spent some time reading posts on this and other gun boards--I think alot of gun owners ride motorcycles. Where I grew-up(assuming I have) from about the age of eight, we all rode dirt bikes and plinked.

My current ride, for the past couple of years, is the Honda Valkyrie--I love it.

I got off my Susy GS 380 in '75 for the last time. There are days though, that the weather is just right. You know the feeling. Not too warm, not too cool, just right. A little stretch of road with just the right number of blind curves and straights. Just the right tree cover above that lets patches of sunlight hit the road. Just the right tune on the radio. That moment hits, usually right after a curve, when the 2 mile straight is in front of you, and you think "Now is when I roll the throttle". Hell I even miss the bugs in the face!

------------------
(!)

1979 FXS 74" bored .020" over, Andrews B grind cam, S&S Super E carb, 2"x42" AR pipes and massaged heads to make it all flow smooth. Other than that, it's all stock. ;)

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

well, let me preface this by saying i don't ride anymore.BUT, the last bike i owned was a 81 Harley Sturgis. after several years of mods, raked the neck a few degrees, a crazy frank rear fender, a condfederate gray paint job w/ a confederate battle flag on the tanks. me & mama rode quite a few miles on that thing. the trips to the ozarks were really fun. i got to working construction and was never home(about 4 days a month) and a guy came around at the wrong time and i sold it. 6 months later, they turned into gold, i could have at least tripled my money. oh well! i miss it every-now-and-then, but now I just take the top off my jeep. Lucas, i looked a a valkyrie a couple of times, if they ride as good as they look, it oughtta' be a nice scooter. now let me go look at the picture of my dear departed bike!!!

------------------
what me worry?

[This message has been edited by longhair (edited June 22, 1999).]

Started out small, as most do, with the Honda 100 and the Yamaha 125 Enduro ('79 model I bought used - I rode it - my son learned on it - sold it to a friend and his two sons learned on it - four sets of tires, three chains and many miles later, the darn thing is still going!)

Went to the Honda 450 in '84 - first 450 chopper I ever saw.

Graduated to the Honda Shadow 1100 in '88. Wanted a Harley but couldn't see paying more than twice the price.

Just bought my second Shadow less than two weeks ago. Got the '99 Shadow Spirit 1100 "made in USA!", all black and chrome. It goes in for new pipes this week.

Mikey

Harley Softail Custom
Harley FLHS
Harley Ultraglide.
(Just sold the Valk. It kept embarrassing the other three!)
Rich

[This message has been edited by Rich Lucibella (edited June 22, 1999).]

Started out on a Honda CB160. (Well, a minibike, actually.)

Ended on a Triumph 650 Bonneville 20 years ago. (It still sits in my brother's yard in NYC.)

[This message has been edited by joegerardi (edited June 22, 1999).]

Nothing anymore.....
although Ive owned a few, the last two complete I had were a 82 electroglide, with 84 stroker, Mikuni 40mm carbs, redshift cams.....a 96ci fxwg with linewebber cam, dave mackie heads oversize valves...all the goodies.......and I had an honest to goodness baskett I was assembling, and like longhair i sold all of em in my case to get into a house, and then the market went stupid, read that rich yuppie syndrome--and I pray nightly that the markett starts to decline so I can some day before Im to old afford another one...a toy isnt worth 18k in my opinion.....now adays I just pull of a spark plug wire and stick my head out of the truck window...lol....fubsy.

Started out with a Marlin single shot .22 rifle when I was around 10, Dad hated guns but wasn't real fond of constant nagging either. When I turned 15 started biking with a Honda CB72, 250cc, which the whole world referred to as a "Harley", nobody even knew there was any other manufacturer (1961).

My last bike went away on the evening before my 49th bday, as being too dangerous for me to keep on with, slowing reactions, more brittle bones, etc. That was a Honda CBR900RR, zero to 100 in around 4 seconds, 165 top, and weighed almost exactly the same as that CB72 so many years before.

Interesting, here, I gave my bike up as too dangerous, yet I ain't about to give up my guns, since I consider them MUCH safer than a superbike, with over 30 years experience with both. Anybody trying to outlaw bikes?

Larry P.

ZX-1100.

Just got it last week and I have some work to do on it before I would take it to the streets...

Motorcycles... *sigh* I love'm...

------------------
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My first bike was a '53 Triumph 650 Thunderbird. Side-car sprocket, no side-car. It was a lesson in cork clutches, oil leaks, and bolt tightening. Also a lesson in SU carbs.

20 years later, in the '70s, I had "pasture bikes"; no way in Hell would I ride a bike on the streets of Austin, Texas! Bikes are invisible!

And now it's my '85 Toyota 4WD PU, with 235,000 miles on it. Almost broken in. I like it because in brings me BACK from the back-country...

"I want!": Lightweight, 4-cycle, giant rear-sprocketed critter to explore back-country where my 4WD or ATVs can't get to... :)

I roadrace motorcycles, 600 SuperSport. I'm taking a year off for financial reasons, planning to be back next season with a new bike (likely Honda F4, if they'll sponsor me again). I don't ride on the street anymore, as I find myself doing some really stupid things, and feeling like I'm going too slow anyway. Damn cars, always getting in the way...

I have a 1968 and a 71 Bmw both in mint condition

------------------
"Are we at last brought to such an humiliating and debasing degradation that we cannot be trusted with arms for our own defense? Where is the difference between having our arms under our own possession and under our own direction, and having them under the management of Congress? If our defense be the real object of having those arms, in whose hands can they be trusted with more propriety, or equal safety to us, as in our own hands?"
- Patrick Henry

Hi Everyone-

Honda CBR 600 F2 (white-glove/Q-Tip clean)
Corbin Gunfighter saddle
Metzeler Z3s
Galfer Kevlar pads + SS braided lines
K&N filters

Just love the feeling when you're on a twisty, velvet-smooth road on a beautiful day with aquamarine blue skies and you're literally SMILING inside your helmet....

Non-riders will never understand that is when you're most alive! Rock hard, ride free.

~ Blue Jays ~

[This message has been edited by Blue Jays (edited June 23, 1999).]

Back