What are the best valued pistols you own?

The best dollar value firearms I have are the police trade in Glocks (G23 gen3 and G22 gen2). Bought them under $300 and they are every bit as useful and reliable as new Glocks and they even have steel sights instead of plastic. Replace inexpensive springs and except for holster wear they are essentially new. Very little wear from shooting such as on the extractor or breech face or barrel.

My best value rifle is my Sako A7 that retailed for $1200 at the time but was on the Cabela’s clearance rack (new) for $700 which was $50 under a new Tikka T3. Took a chance there was nothing wrong with it at such a low price. It has been a great shooter and my favorite.

In general I think AR15 is a fantastic value for its versatility. Especially something like a Colt 6920 or equivalent quality at the same price point. Although I have upgraded all of mine leaning more toward Gucci than dollar value [emoji23]

value

44AMP rang true on this one.......I have handguns inherited from family and value them highly:

-I've got my Grandads 1911 (mfg'd 1917), all original and likely them most valuable gun cost wise I own. It resides always in the safe. It simply sat ready in my Grandad's bedroom, seems he told me he traded some machinist tools for it.

-I've got my Dad's Single 6 with both lr/mag cylinders. It lives with the mag cylinder installed and makes frequent trips to the spring woods scouting gobblers. The longer 5-1/2 " tube lets me shoot a wee bit better too. Dad shot the Single 6 often, with the long rifle cylinder. The revolver holds great sentimental value

-"quality at a given price" Not sure exactly what than means, but I bought a
Ruger Bearcat in need of repair from a women in church. The internet came to the rescue and I found the needed part for the vintage "old model" and now have a dandy little shooter

I'm not a handgun guy in general (mostly due to my not shooting them well)--but I have owned and still have my fair share of them. . But the one that is my go-to, that has never failed and has always reasonably hit what I've aimed at when I do my part: the original springfield XD 45 acp. It's one tough gun that has lasted through years of hard use. I have 9mms too, but the XD is one that I grab first for home defense. For me, the "feng shui" of it is perfect.:)

Also, any of my CZ 22 caliber rifles. They are great values.
Ditto that.:)

My S&W model 15. I paid $229 for it about 10-12 years ago. It was one of many on the shelf that I suspect were security company trade ins. A fair amount of holster wear but mechanically perfect. Excellent trigger and accurate. My son and I each grabbed one.

Best value

I sure wish they would put the other guy back in charge of the gun library at Cabela's.
Ya, the guy that sold me a nice 1898 new army and navy colt for 25 bucks. Of course I had to sign papers attesting to the defective nature of the revolver.
Uhh that is not a defect, it's the only Colt revolver in which the cylinder turns opposite all the others, no locking bolt. My book says it is worth 900 bucks or so. Heck the factory letter cost more than the gun.

For me, it's my HK VP9. I picked it up a few years ago from a GB seller for $325/shipped. At the time, they were going for about twice that amount. The listing had an out-of-focus photo, and I took a chance. The gun looked practically new. That was a good value.

But it became a great value when I picked up a VP40 slide assembly from an eBay seller for $330. For $655, I basically bought two pistols.

Beyond the HK, it will probably be my S&W M&P 40. $330/shipped. I plan to add a conversion barrel and have a similar setup as I have with the HK for about $525.

To me, the versatility of swapping calibers is the real value.

A very open ended question

The best shooter for the money is no doubt the CZ Shadow 2. If that’s where you put the value, that’s the answer. Obviously it’s no carry gun

I couldn’t compete with guys that by guns for “ a good price “ or “Win” them at auctions.
I had to pay for all mine and they may not be a value. When I bought most of my collection a dollar was worth considerably more. So I would have to get north of 7x just to break even. So tell me about best valued.

Me too

If do overs were permitted, I would buy a Glock 23 rather than the Glock 19 that is my primary carry.
A hunert bucks or so for a barrel and the 23 is both 9 mm and .40 S&W. I may pick up a LE turn in 23 anyway. I'm very fond of my 19 but they are pretty darned identical. For range use at least the 9 mm mags work. For carry I would buy .40 S&W mags.
Multiple calibers appeal, I have an old Contender too.

MVPs

I have Blackhawks in 357, 41mag, 44spl/mag, and 45 Colt. They have Fermin Garza front sights, Bowen Rough Country Rear sights, and trigger jobs. 1 inch at 25 with cast SWC handloads.

Anyone know?

The Glock 23 does give me some pause, due to the lack of chamber support in the early model 23's.
Anyone know what to avoid? Hands on inspection I have pics of the change they made, online is unlikely to have pics of the chamber and feed ramp to determine that.
Is there a serial number range to avoid? Since I would purchase a used LE gun, I'd like some certainty on the chamber support. The Glock 23's are known to be hard on brass, any input older vs. newer 23's? I do reload.

My "best value" pistol is a S&W 659. High quality, all stainless, basically unbreakable, reasonably accurate 15 round 9mm. I think I paid $400 for it new - this was decades ago. It still looks 98% and has been well used over the years. Never breaks and I can't recall it ever jamming.

Several years ago, I used to see these for about 350-450. I just saw one on Gunbroker for $600.

Back