What 2A restrictions (if any) do you support and why?

I dunno what part of "shall not be infringed" is hard to understand or even close to equivocal?

:confused::D

2A Restrictions?

The 2nd Amendment doesn't have restrictions. The concept, "shall not be infringed", shouldn't take long to ponder.

I don't see much problem with restricting right to own/used based on conviction for crimes of violence or mental incapacity (if someone has the mental capacity of my Labrador retriever(overwhemingly friendly as he is)--they probably should not have a gun) or someone that is paranoid/schizophrenic. I do know that when kids using 22s for hunting/target once their age hit double digits--criminal misuse of firearms was much less.
In terms of what can be owned--singleshot, lever action, bolt action, semi or full auto in pretty much any of the fixed ammo calibers (at least through 50bmg), if you can afford to buy and feed it, you can own it. I can see some limitations of use (no quad50's on the back of your pickup in case of car jacking--collateral damage would be excessive) or insisting standard handguns or revolver for your run to the stop and rob for some milk as opposed to a sub machine gun. I do tend to see restricting the use of full auto for daily carry as reasonable to limit unintended injury (I can see using automatic fire in as a response to something like a replay of the Los Angeles riots to force mobs to disperse (if you are in a crowd outside the local Walmart, Price Club or Sam's Club during a city or county wide riot you are either an idiot or part of the mob)), but for me there is a difference between routine carry (where the bystanders don't really deserve to be put at riske of being hit by full auto fire) and being at ground zero during a replay of the 1992 L A riots (since the rioters are putting the rest of the city at risk)

NONE!!! If we give one thing up, they'll ask for another, then another, then another, etc... These trends do not stop, they rarely get reversed, we can not afford to give up anything and hope to keep something. In a country without guns, only the government gustapo are armed. The first thing a dictator does when in power is to disarm the people.

I don't see much problem with restricting right to own/used based on conviction for crimes of violence or mental incapacity (if someone has the mental capacity of my Labrador retriever(overwhemingly friendly as he is)--they probably should not have a gun) or someone that is paranoid/schizophrenic.

I do know that when kids using 22s for hunting/target once their age hit double digits--criminal misuse of firearms was much less.

For the first part, most of them probably shouldn't even be out on the streets - when I was in med school a little more than half century ago, they weren't. We're more enlightened now.

For the second part, I dunno about "double digits" but here I am in 1934 wIth the .22 single shot rifle I got for my 6th birthday in 1932 and my "trophy rabbits".

Jackatage6WhitmanNE.jpg

By 1934, I was officially registered as a "gun collector" because a friend of my dad's gave me this stunner (for me at that age anyway) .410 pistol H&R Handy Gun.

P5140020A.jpg

Unfortunately, within a year, the BAFT (tax collectors then) declared it to be as dangerous as the Thompson Submachine Gun and , on the NFA registration form in answer to the question as to why I justified owning "such a weapon", I claimed I was a "gun collector". I was almost 8 years old.;)
My "collection" consisted of the .22 rifle, .410 pistol, a double barrel side by side .410 shotgun, and a Winchester 94 in .32 Winchester Special.

WINCHESTER95.jpg

As can be seen, I have changed a little but, my interest in rifles has continued at a somewhat higher level. So far, I've not yet had any AD/ND or firearms violations - but it's not over yet.

:D

The right to bare arms was placed in the constitution to protect us from our own government if needed. The 2A should not have any restrictions. We the People need to be able to defend ourselves against criminals, enimies and hostile governments(others or our own).

Back