West German excellence...

What is wrong with the 'New' Korth revolvers Nighthawk is selling?

Not sure what you mean. I didn't say anything was wrong with them. I said they don't compare favorably to the original Ratzeburg Korths. It is a totally different company now with different manufacturing processes and different labor standards. The level of hand craftsmanship is different.

Doesn't mean they are bad guns, but if you want the real Korth experience, don't waste your money buying one from the new company. If you just want a fine revolver with the Korth name, go for it. There's a lot of fine revolvers that aren't on the level of a vintage Korth Combat. In fact, 99% would fall into the category.

Never said anything was "wrong" with them. The good news is that you can get them brand new for $3500 or so. A real deal Ratzeburg model from the 70's or 80's in excellent condition with the box could cost you twice that or more.

Handle them side by side and you'll see what I'm talking about. The difference is night and day.

I've got a bunch of Pythons, Registered Magnums, Freedom Arms, Manurhin MR73's, etc. Vintage Korths are about as fine as revolvers get.

Back