Well, I finally made my decision on which gun to get. Hope you all aren't mad. :)

Lightsped

Well, I went out and bought another gun today....

Well, I went out and bought another gun today. I'll let the pics speak for themselves......
Thanks

my92fsss.jpg

my92fsss2.JPG

woohoo!!

excellent choice!
those stainless models are sooooo pretty. I can't wait to get one to complement my 92 Elite.
I can't quite make out the markings in the picture, is that a 92 or 96?

Shoot safe,
rvb

Not mad at all.

Very pretty gun. They definately make some of the classiest lookers around. Enjoy it! Nobody will be mad, I can tell you that right now. :) I wanna know if it's a 92 or 96 also. How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Ben

I was afraid I was gonna find a picture of a Jennings.

I just happened to be watching the evening news, and the Army has discontinued training with the Beretta pistols. The reason was not given.

Thanks, so far I really like my Beretta. yes it is a 92 model. I haven't got to shoot it yet, but I plan to soon. Anything special I need to do before I shoot this gun? I have already oiled the slide rails. I'll run a few patches dwon the barrel next. Anything else I need to do?

Oh about the US Military. They are having a major shortage of 9mm ammo. They are just cutting back on firearms training, not ending training completely.

http://www.washtimes.com/national/default-200127224141.htm

Well, I am totally steamed. You had the gall to buy a beautiful pistol and then put it on a gorgeous piece of wood to take a picture of it. Shame, Shame. :D

9x45, the reason the Army has suspended handgun training is because there is a CRITICAL shortage of 9mm ammo, due in large part to budget cutbacks!

Thank you Bill Frigging Clinton! :mad:

They make those Beretta's, Sigs and HK's to keep the yahoos from buying up all of the Glocks. ;)

Seriously, Beretta is the Sophia Loren of handguns. Good gun, beautiful, enjoy it for many years to come.

Nice gun. Had an Elite before, very nice. Just go ahead and shoot it. But if you really want to put a little goodies on there, I would start with replacing the trigger spring with the Wolff Springs unit. I heard the stock one break easily. Rubber grips on them can add a touch, (or wood, which ever you prefer). If you want to spend the bucks, get the laser grips. If you want to turn it to a home defense gun, add the Surefire and mount, and a set of night sights. That'll be fun.
Have fun with your new toy. I am currently shoping/researching to buy a new toy too.
Man, shopping for a gun is so hard. Its like choosing from a bunch of high end cars.
ST

Geez LS, never realized we had so much in common 'till I read your profile...

There's a guy here in Columbus (GA) that SPECIALIZES in customizing Berettas. He's so well known for it, Taurus paid for him to tour their facilities, trying to interest him in doing the same for them. He can do anything from tune it up, to making it a FULL BLOWN match grade tack driver, but that particular "enhancement" costs around $1000, PLUS gun :). I've seen his work, where he added this particular "functionality" to a pistol, and it was truly something to behold.

If you're interested in any of his services, call Alpine Sporting Goods at (706) 563-4148 and ask for Sam or Jim.

Back