Weird Marlin action issue?

I just checked my 336 and it doesn't look like that the piece is there but the one in the picture looks like it's been bent down. I'm no expert just comparing the two.

If i had a camera with me i'd take a picture sorry.

To me it does not look 'bent'...It simply looks like an out of focus picture with flash shining off the high spots and dust bunnies...

If the seller will not provide a better pic, then tell him to pound sand...

One other thing that bothers me about the photo, I do agree that it could be the lens doing the effect but I don’t like the lower lip of the ejection port. It does look slightly bowed outward.
I agree that it could be the lens but I also think that other arias of the gun in the photo should show the same curve. The upper edge is nice and straight all the way to the left of the photo. But the lower bows out THEN back in. And also notice that the loading port is much straighter.
To me it’s a parts gun at best.

That's just camera angle. The lens is closer to the bottom of the port than it is the top making the bottom look bowed.

One other thing that bothers me about the photo, I do agree that it could be the lens doing the effect but I don’t like the lower lip of the ejection port. It does look slightly bowed outward.
I agree that it could be the lens but I also think that other arias of the gun in the photo should show the same curve. The upper edge is nice and straight all the way to the left of the photo. But the lower bows out THEN back in. And also notice that the loading port is much straighter.

I'm no expert either but it doesn't look bowed to me, and I'm not convinced it's a camera angle either. To me, it looks like the ejection port is just oddly shaped (from the factory or otherwise).

-StaTiK-

To me, it looks like the ejection port is just oddly shaped (from the factory or otherwise).
The ejection port is bullet shaped from the factory.:rolleyes:

What I'm wondering is this: if you are so paranoid about the rifle being ruined, why are you messing around? If you are uncomfortable with it, just walk away. But just because you don't know what it's supposed to look like does not mean there is anything wrong with it.

The ejection port is bullet shaped from the factory.

What I'm wondering is this: if you are so paranoid about the rifle being ruined, why are you messing around? If you are uncomfortable with it, just walk away. But just because you don't know what it's supposed to look like does not mean there is anything wrong with it.

heh, I did walk away :)

And my comment wasn't to say that I think the gun is flawed (regarding the ejection port). Please re-read my post and you'll notice that I said "To me, it looks like the ejection port is just oddly shaped (from the factory or otherwise)". My point was that the part wasn't bowed but simply asymmetrical.

-StaTiK-

I agree with several conclusions.

Really bad picture, bad light, dust, dirty gun, out of focus, poor (too much) flash.

Nothing wrong, the barrel hood looks like that in 30-30 cal. I doubt it could be bent with a sledge hammer, and certainly not while in the gun.

The part in purple circle is the cut in the top of the receiver for the tip of the lever to move in as the bolt cycles back.

The ejection port is oddly shaped from the factory. On all of them.

Back