Weatherby 300 mag vanguard deluxe question

If you're considering a muzzle brake but are afraid of the increased noise, then get a Vais Brake. They use special tech so it's not any louder than the same gun without any brake.
http://www.muzzlebrakes.com/Faq.aspx

Maybe there will be a revolution in hunting rifles if suppressors get removed from NFA status.

I wouldn't own a magnum anymore. Owned three and had to shoot them a lot the manage the recoil, yea, you can learn to handle it. If I was going moose hunting today, I'd probably use my 30-06 and 180gr bullet's. I'd take along my 6.5x55 as a backup with 140gr bullet's. It's less about the cartridge that launch's the bullet and more about the bullet.

I recently helped a young guy learn how to reload. He came over with his 300 Wby Mag. I was underjoyed. But, with mid-range loads, the kick wasn't that bad. Thank goodness.

i have a remington classic 700 in 300 wby gas bedded and free floated with 3.5x10 leupold on it and it is my favorite big bore as i can load it down to 30-30-308-3006 and still have a big bear stomper if needed, of course you have to be a reloader. i have a dodge super bee and have never opened her up on the highway. eastbank.

No realistic reason not to use your 300wby IMO--just put a Khantrol tanker-type clamp on brake on it (if your muzzle isn't threaded) and it will shoot like a pussycat 308, and more importantly, is going to help tame muzzle flip and recoil pushback so you can get/stay on target more easily.

Back