Weak hand...half gangsta aiming

At common handgun distances, odds are that any divergence in POA/POI is very small. While I've always tried to avoid any canting, I also subscribe to the empirical notion, "If it works, it's okay."

Some day some of you young bucks might be lucky enough to be old far#s. You might find that due to rotator cuff damage a slightly canted position might be a whole lot more doable. :(

I/We were taught at our academy in 1985 that a slight inboard cant with the left (off) hand, for right eye dominant shooters helped in sight alignment.

Bamaboy is cross dominant, right hand, left master. He shoots handguns (well I might add) with a very slight inboard cant of his right hand, to get lined up with his left master.

"Gangsta-style shooting grip number 10!!

I must agree with Saul Kirsch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgbBChhrRKo
It takes a little bit of additional practice to feel comfortable but once you get your head around it the vertical hold will provide you with much better control, a better trigger release, and more consistent scores.
Rotating your elbow in to keep the gun vertical provides for better recoil control when your elbow is behind the gun instead of out to the side.

I have been schooled by some of the best that were available and they all preached doing it right, all the time. These people included Frank Rosemond who taught the VAPD Auxiliary and the folks at SAMMI Training at NAB Little Creek, VA, home of the SEAL teams East Coast.

You sight your gun in with it vertically oriented, why would you want to tilt it 45 degrees left or right?

Back