• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

We need a mannequin

Status
Not open for further replies.

terridarri

Gunslinger and I are in search for a mannequin, we need one for our holsters when we go to the gunshows, if anyone knows where we can get one let one of us know. We would appreciate your responses. Thanks :)

------------------
WHEN IT COMES TO FRIENDS THE SKY IS NOT THE LIMIT

There are many half-body manikins being re-cycled or stored (short of being
thrown away). Full-length manikins are now less often found. Ask for
non-servicable or non-usable manikins of the style you are looking for.

1) In your local phone book, check out the American Heart Association,
National Safety Council, and Red Cross.
- Ask if they know of any old manikins.
- Ask for a list of instructors. Call the instructors and ask about old
manikins.

2) Try your local Fire Dept. Many times they have old full-length manikins
they use to practices rescues. For a small donation you may get what you
want.

3) Call the local EMS and ambulance services. Ask the Paramedics and EMTs
for leads. Ask them who teaches CPR in the area and call the instructors.

3) Call the Community Education or Adult Education offices of your local
school districts. Many times they have bought new manikins and their old
ones are merely stored - taking up valuable space.

4) Try community colleges, medical schools, nursing schools, and hospitals.

5) Try clothing stores and department stores - any store that sells clothing.

6) Best of all, ask me. I have an old full-length manikin I could bring
to the August TFL Meet (if the price is right!!). How much are you willing to
pay? How much can I take in Shiner and chow? What guns or other goodies do you have to trade?
(Heh, heh, heh. It may be dickerin’ time! :D :D )

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited May 12, 2000).]

Hey thanks Dennis for offering your mannequin but we need it before Aug. but I would just in case we don't get one before then is it male or female and does it need to be blowed up? LOL

------------------

(For once, I am speechless)

Naw, I ain't. Dennis, you're x-ring has a hole in it! HAAAAAAAA HA HA!

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 12, 2000).]

I think I have a female manikin in the attic of my garage. I am going to be trashing everything up there this weekend. If I still have it, you're welcome to it for the cost of shipping.

I'll let you know tonight if I've still got it. If you're interested, let me know. And no, thank you very much, it does not "need to be blowed up." :p

------------------
RKBA!
"The people have the right to bear arms for their defense and security"
Ohio Constitution, Article I, Section 4 Concealed Carry is illegal in Ohio.
Ohioans for Concealed Carry Website

Thanks BluesMan we would appreciate that very much and would be glad to pay shipping.

Sensop, I can't believe probably the only one in TFL history that has made you speechless. LMAO I just love it when I do things like that. :D :D :D :D :D

------------------

>......waiting for Dennis to see this. I am still in stitches here!!

JeffOTMG has blow up dolls! LMAO Just ask him about it, he'll tell you. He had to duct tape a few of them from floating into the ceiling fan. LMAO!!!

Well I guess if worse comes to worse I can ask Jeff to borrow or buy one if he wants to give one up, but of course you know with men thats alot to ask because we all do special things and would hate to break his collection of his dolls and then he would have to train another one. LOL

------------------

Uh huh. I see. Try to be nice. Give a straight answer. Okay. It won't happen again. Thrrrrrp!

(mumble: Casting pearls before swine, I was!)

You smart hooligans just wait! You better show up at the TFL meet or those who are there will flat ASSASSinate the character of anyone who is absent! (As if any of you yahoos *had* a reputation to protect....)

(mumble: blow up dolls. They don't even *know* my first wife....) ;)

Just for the record, the manikin (it's NOT a doll!) is a Laerdal full-body electrical style CPR/FBAO manikin! It is made to appear as a lifelike, female human.

And FBAO means Foreign Body Airway Obstruction and I don't want to see or hear ANY conjecture about that! Got it?!!!!!

Your snide comments and non-subtle innuendo are crude! Insulting! Out of order! So there!

Besides, the darned thing isn't anatomically correct. ;) (quietly: The mouth is WAAAY too small for a woman. Tee hee hee!)

:D :D :D :D There ya go, Sensop!

Oh yeah. And thanks a LOT Blues Man! Here I was gonna make a few bucks so's I could make the trip in August.

Oooohhhhh, NNNNoooooo! "I have a FREE one", sez you. Well... well ... um, I guess you know what's it's *worth* better than WE do!"

(Mice probably ate the hair off'n it or sumthin'.....) :rolleyes: (Keeps it in the garage so's ... well.. never mind...)

Back to Sensop. :D :D :D !!! There!

(aside: Try to help somebody and everybody jumps on ya like a free lunch. Oh, that's right, "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!" What's makes them "Show ME" people think there's such a thing as a free manikin. Harumph! And Harumph *again*, sez I!)

[This message has been edited by Dennis (edited May 12, 2000).]

OH no Dennis, I will have to think on this a spell and this ole MO girl will be back. But you know when you leave a open door like you did it really hard just to ignore. LOL

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>... a Laerdal (leer doll?) full-body electrical (ho, ho!) style CPR/FBAO manikin! ... and FBAO means Foreign Body Airway Obstruction (NO!)[/quote] Oh ..... my ..... God! I'm in love! :p :p :p :p

[This message has been edited by sensop (edited May 12, 2000).]

Oh, Sensop! I knew I shouldn't have gone there! :)

What's worse, I have some rejoinder I just dare NOT put on TFL! ROTFLMBO!

Hey Dennis even if we can't use that, you can still bring it and we will make it as one night for entertainment here at the meet, let Sensop demonstrate the one he fell in love with (mechanical mannequin) LOL :D :D :D :D

------------------

Please!
First it was milking, then mounting a dino, and now it's inflateable's.

Me, I'll stick to leering at the belly dancers on a fellow TFL'ers site ;)

Sensop:
I don't do table dances, Terri!
Well thank God for that. :eek:

RAE, you forgot "thread jacking". :rolleyes:

Dennis the one about the blow up was just toooo easy. You will notice I refrained from commenting on that one this entire thread, Buddy. Just remember that when you get your "evens" in August against the malcriants that perpitrated this henious act of trechary. ;)

<I can almost hear Dennis in the back ground: They'll pay. Oh yes, come August they'll all pay. They'll all pay dearly.>

------------------
Gunslinger

TFL End of Summer Meet, August 12th & 13th, 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back