We Did it.

Congratulations Wyoming! You are the envy of Wisconsin right now. We here in the frozen lands are pushing and pushing for Constitutional Carry. We have many obstacles yet to overcome. Our former governor Doyle is no longer a veto threat, now we have to hold the Republicans we voted in to what they campaigned on: Smaller government.

If they try to implement a permit system it will create another government bureaucracy, red tape, fees, licensing, registration, expensive classes, bigger government and increased cost for an already cash-strapped state population, along with the insult of asking permission and paying fees to exercise a God-given and constitutional right.

Hats off to the people of Wyoming, the 4th state in the Union to think clearly.
Too bad I live in one of the two retard (holdout) states. For Wisconsin, there may be hope. For Illinois, not so much.

Final thought, my wife is a Wyoming girl. Maybe that's why she's such a keeper!

Awesome. Another state down and I predict more to follow... well you know, unless blood runs in the streets like it did when Florida passed it's CCW law all those years ago. :)

The newspaper coverage was pretty fair overall. I travel around a good bit and from what I saw all the small town newspapers were either solidly in support of it, or else they were neutral and simply reported the facts. The Casper newspaper is kind of a liberal bunch and they had some slightly negative editorial comments about it. And there were a bunch of the idiotic letters to the editor in that paper written by the small but vocal liberal minority who always write letters to that paper.

Jackson is kind of an odd place in some respects. Yeah, there are a bunch of transplants living there and some of them have some pretty liberal wacko ideas. But for some issues like this one, they come down on the side of common sense. I think there are more liberals in the Laramie area than any other place in the state. Something about that college town mentality even at UW.

To me the most discouraging comments came during testimony in the Senate hearings. They had a couple police chiefs who predicted dire consequences about the new law. One of them was the Casper chief. Casper and Cheyenne are the only places that pass for big cities here. It was disappointing to hear him talk about the average citizen being a danger by carrying a concealed weapon. The testimony didn't seem to sway any votes, but it was rather disappointing anyway. Since I'm not a cop and never have been, I will refrain from making a judgement. Just kind of sad to see that attitude though.

All in all though it is a great sign. As mentioned, we should continually bring up experiences after the law is enacted that point out the positives of this practice. Unless of course we are all shot dead July 1 by crazed loonies carrying concealed weapons. :)

Back