We Did it.

kraigwy

Wyoming govenor signed the Constitution Carry law.

Governor Mead signed Constitutional Carry into law while saying his office had been clogged with emails and phone calls from people demanding he sign the Jennings-Jaggi Constitutional Carry bill.

E-mails, phone calls and letters work folks, DON'T LET UP.

Great news, thanks for the heads up, Kraig. BTW I'm hanging out in the Greybull area for awhile. With a WY driver's license. :D

Congrats! Count yourself among the lucky whose state government has the good sense to treat its citizens like, well...citizens and not subjects.

What was the newspaper coverage like in the run up to this?

I'm wondering specifically about the newspapers serving those areas that overrun with tourists like Jackson Hole.

I don't know about Jackson Hole, I'm on the other side of the state, but around here, if you were against the Constitional Carry law you were considered some type of commie. Those against pretty much kept their mouth's shut if fear of being run out of town.

Wyomingnites are funny creatures.

Mike, I lived in Jackson from 1994 to 2002. Took my Wyoming CCW class there. It was put on by the Jackson PD and Teton County sheriff's office. Both departments, from the chief and sheriff on down, were huge proponents of CCW. as were the local citizenry and the newspapers. I doubt much has changed. They even offered an advanced (non-required) class which I took that was highly scenario based. BTW Gov Mead is from Jackson, his granddad having been governor and US senator (Cliff Hansen). Their family are original homesteaders in the valley, still own a generational ranch there. Good people.

Just what does the constitutional carry law allow or disallow? We here in Mississippi need some revamping of our laws.

Jim S.

Idaho, Montana, Utah, Colorado have bills in the legislature right now that would legalize Constitutional carry.

Back when Arizona passed Constitutional carry, I predicted that most states in the mountain west would soon follow suit, and that the next one after us would be either Montana or New Mexico. Looks like I might've been half right.

Congratulations!

Congratulations to WY. My Brother in Law and Sis' live in Buffalo, great state,
nice people, beautiful scenery. And, a responsive government!!
Whats not to like!!:D:D:D
Willy

I have spent a bit of time in Montana, and its heartening to see traditional values actually put on display in the west.

Its a different world out there, compared to some states in this Union, sometimes, I think perhaps the only hope for the entire country to survive.

Trumpet that news far and wide, with great amplification and fanfare. It will help keep the liberals escaping from the nightmare called California from heading to Wyoming. If they know that the people of Wyoming are free to carry guns, the California libs won't want to stay there. As for conservative Californians who appreciate the 2nd Amendment, I hope they're welcomed with open arms and openly carried arms. ;)

Back