Washington, DC, Metro TFLers! Time to shoot again?

I'm up for it, schedule's open, but I've got this brace on my leg & can't drive. I'd trade a couple boxes of .45 or 9mm for a ride from Falls Chuch/Tysons area by 66 ;), schedule permitting.

Ditto here.

Mike-in-VA: are you off the Nutley St exit, or closer to Leesburg Pike?

Last edited:
Wow, I was gonna post here and say I wanted to go, but then I checked the fees. Good gracious, is that the normal fee schedule for most ranges (haven't been to a 'professional' range yet, I always have a place to shoot here in the country)?

Too rich for my blood. Can't mess with money, can ya?...;) :D

Sounds good, tell me when. I usually head down a couple of times a week anyway.

Yes, those are normal indoor range prices (its actually pretty cheap if you pay the $200 and join for a year)

Mike, I can pick probably pick you up at West Falls Church - its near my house and on the way.

let me know

Dave Park - A FAL. Sounds fun. If I bring ammo, can I shoot a couple of rounds?

Where you there last Friday ( I believe it was the 30th?) in the am setting it up? If so, I probably spoke to you about it a bit.

NoVAlooker, I haven't been to the NRA range since the last TFL meet, but you're welcome to try out the FAL.

yanky, the prices are average, and last time it was crowded so we only shot for one hour. If you've never been to the range before, show up early so you can take the range test.

Hey!!! Sometime next year why don't "youse guys" hold a shoot on a Saturday or Sunday so some of us from up north can show up.

I have been looking for and excuse to visit the museum and a range session with TFL'ers would be the perfect compliment.

Might even drag Soda Pop, Dead and even Dinosaur with me. :D

OK. Is someone gonna set a date?

If we do it prior to Christmas, a weeknight probably works best for me (don't need prior permission from the wife)

Dave Park - Thanks. I look forward to testing it out:cool:

K80Geoff - where are you located? I grew up in Northern Jersey, but have lots of family all over the Metro NY area.

A date means a lot. I've got sometime off from work and would like the see the city again before they close it all to us citizens. Wouldn't mind making it a couple of day(s) trip out of it. I'll keep an eye on this over the next couple of days to see what comes around.

OK, here's a shot at a date. Lets put a stake in the ground. (I'm house-bound and unemployed, anything works for me). Let's avoid Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays, so -

State your preferences (Maye we need two dates?):
Thursday 12/13 7:30 PM

Saturday 12/15 3:00 PM

Tuesday 12/18 7:30 PM

Thursday 12/20 7:30 PM

Saturday 12/21 3:00 PM

We have followed range time with a light repast at Ruby Tuesdays or some similar establilshment close by for those whose schedule allows. It's always a pleasure to put faces with 'names', sooking forward to seeing everyone,

I'm for a week day shoot. Remember how busy it was last time? I believe we were asked to leave after an hour since there was a waiting line. Any first time shooters at the NRA Range must take their short written exam too.

12/13 or 12/20 are probably best for me.

I had indicated here that 12/18 would work, but it looks like I'll be out of town on business. :barf:

Last edited:
Ah, another shoot fest! I'm game.

Thursday the 20th, or the following Saturday probably work best for me.

This week, however, is booked solid.

Marty

Back