• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Was APS just derailed?

Fellas, it is quite the soap opera. Read the sticky post at the top of the General forum at thehighroad.us. (especially at Oleg's blog at livejournal)

Seems like some slimeball is trying to steal www.thehighroad.org from Oleg. They're fighting over it in court and everything.

I thought TFL used to be Oleg's too, but he seems to have sold it, and there is no bickering over who own this place, hehehe.

Despite the bizarre claims of Oleg Volk, all three sites are my sole property, and have been since I founded them in 1908.

Despite the bizarre claims of Antipatis, the first internet was invented by Aaron Burr in 1473. Al Gore did not invent the internet, although he was one of the researchers who developed the first modem in 1603. Prior to telephonic transmission, internets were limited to one computer only, unless there were more than one computer in a room, joined by a pneumatic tube. This was first attempted by Sir Isaac Newton in 1512, although Steve Jobs was the first to do so successfully. Jobs perfected this technique by 1540, the same year in which Samuel Gompers first linked two computer internets by passenger pigeon.

THR.us, APS and all of my sites just moved to another server. For some bizarre reason, BellSouth is not seeing it. I can connect just fine with THR using numeric IP but the domain name isn't resolving just for ATT/BellSouth customers.

The issues with THR.US and APS. - seem to only happen from "Bell South (now ATT - DSL)."

If you are having issues getting to THR.US or APS - and you have "Bell South" - CALL THEM - AND TELL THEM HOW YOU FEEL ABOUT THEIR LACK OF SERVICE.

So far they've just been blowing us all off.

If you have this problem from any other ISP - except "Bell South" - please post here.

-M3

Back