• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

War Stories....

Only time will tell, Kris. In the meantime, I can only hope others that have opinions for or against the idea to freely post them here so that the Staff hears what the members have to say about the subject at hand.

Thanks for your input...

War stories can be a lot like fish stories, especially on a board like this one.

I don't know how to exactly take your statement. Of all the gun sites out there, IMO this is one of the very best ones that the vast majority of active members here provide a wealth of great information and opinions. You'll always have a rotten apple in the barrel. But, I think this site is amongst the highest respected out there. So, to claim that this board is a prime example of embellishment, is something that we DO NOT see eye to eye.

I don't see your assertion to be a detractor from having this as a forum.

if you want war stories then go to the vfw......it would turn into a recruitment forum, i didnt serve, i dont want to serve and i have my reasons, and i know for a fact that if i gave my reasons then 99.9% of tfl members would think that it is a load of crap and that i should have served my country and blah blah blah on with the flag-waving......it would be nothing more than the have's vs. the have nots, kinda like promoting an elite member's forum.....not worth it:barf:

So, to claim that this board is a prime example of embellishment, is something that we DO NOT see eye to eye.

For your own sake, cut back on the coffee -- like maybe from two pots a day to one pot.

What I meant was that anonymous boards on the Internet are full of people who are full of crap. It manifests itself on this board by people offering opinions on weapons they've never even seen in person. I can only imagine what a war stories forum would be like -- IMHO, worthless to the mission of this site.

What I meant was that anonymous boards on the Internet are full of people who are full of crap. It manifests itself on this board by people offering opinions on weapons they've never even seen in person. I can only imagine what a war stories forum would be like -- IMHO, worthless to the mission of this site.

How would it be different from any other forum out there? If someone is providing false information, I'm pretty sure that ones that have "been there" will rectify the situation in short order by reputable members. I think it would still benefit due to the caliber of established members here. I wouldn't ask for this type of forum on just any board or website.

I have faith that the members and staff here would prove this would become a worthy forum to have...

For your own sake, cut back on the coffee -- like maybe from two pots a day to one pot.

1. Drive-by posts with no explaination tend to get flamed.
2. I don't drink coffee.
3. Assumption is the mother of all.......

Legal & Political is the only forum where the discussion does not need to center on firearms. This is because *all* civil rights are important, not just the right to self defense and the right to keep and bear arms. So don't bring L&P into the argument - it won't win you any points because a "War stories" forum would do nothing to protect or preserve our God-given rights. It would also have very little to do with firearms, I suspect. Perhaps one thread out of a dozen.

Antipitas said:
Can anyone answer how this would further our stated goal: a virtual community dedicated to the ... advancement of responsible firearms ownership.
I still have not seen Al's question answered satisfactorily.

I have no doubt that it would be an interesting forum and I suspect that there are discussion boards on the 'net that already fill this niche. I just can't see it happening here.

JMO.

Well, I guess I must accept defeat. Tough pill to swallow. But, it was merely a suggestion to consider...not like it was my life's ambition to make it happen or anything.

Thanks for your consideration...

Back