Wanted: Pico vs LCP (not II) comparison pics

I'm thinking about a PICO to replace my LCP (stainless)
Mention of "softer" recoil...anyone find this to be true..the LCP is brutal, not that it's a "range" gun...but.
Also, does the Pico lock back after the last round..??

I’ve got both guns and I like shooting and carrying the Pico more than the LCP. It has much better sights and a better trigger. Both are reliable as a hammer. One word of caution on Pico, DON’T DRY FIRE IT. I did a few times and the firing pin broke. Just an FYI.

I'm thinking about a PICO to replace my LCP (stainless)
Mention of "softer" recoil...anyone find this to be true..the LCP is brutal, not that it's a "range" gun...but.
Also, does the Pico lock back after the last round..??

Personally I find the Pico to be the softer shooter.
Yes the Pico has a slide lock.

I can hit 3" groups at 10 yards and consistent head shots at 7 yards with mine.
As I can with my point and shoot instinct style with my old LCP.
Might open up to 6-8" with a quick 6 +1 mag dump. Can't say the recoil is anything annoying to me.

I have owned 4 Ruger LCP's not including one's sent in for repair. I now own Two Pico's.

First of all, tear each gun down and compare and a huge difference in Build quality.
The Pico is all stainless steel other than the Polymere grip. Importance? The Pico for myself has proven that it will out last any LCP and keep on trucking.

Some examples:

Best sights in class: can easily be changed out to night sights

QcO2GSQ.jpg

zGChtsq.jpg

HZBml2f.jpg

Magazines look like top end custom-all stainless steel with metal follower

1Qa1ZJb.jpg

7HS7Bgj.jpg

Modular design-- easy to work on, easy to clean, and if polymer grip cracks so easy to replace.

hPPDGwP.jpg

More to come

Pico continued

2Wuy9GQ.jpg

0MNAT5W.jpg

16hAmaG.jpg

No worry of dropping magazine when shooting

5UfWdxM.jpg

c3cH2pK.jpg

Take down pin. Will not break or roll out.

HktguFh.jpg

The Pico machining is top class. The gun also has double strike capability

Again, totally reliable, SOFT shooting. If I told you how many rounds I have through one of them, you would not believe. me.

Last edited:
Back