Wanted: Pico vs LCP (not II) comparison pics

wild cat mccane

Hey there,

Does anyone have a source or have these two pistol and are willing to share some side by side pics?

Everywhere I look the two are never shown touching each other side by side. This makes it hard to see differences.

Thanks!

Go here: http://www.handgunhero.com/ Send in a request to have the LCP I added.

If you have some desktop publishing skills, you can use a tool to resize the pics out there into their actual sizes. Of course, you'll need to locate the necessary high res photos and from the various sides.

I will try to take a picture of my LCP and Pico this afternoon. If there are there any specifics you want to see drop me a PM.

Three pics if possible? Down side by side for length, two sitting up to see width, stacked to see which is bigger.

Thanks!

medium800.jpg

standard.jpg

medium800.jpg

The Pico is just slightly slimmer overall and the grip is just slightly longer. While the sizes are so similar the two guns are totally different.

The Pico is a true Double Action while the LCP is not. The takedown on the Pico is just turn, push out and slide off while with the LCP it is pry a pin out and slide off. The Pico firing mechanism is a single unit that is very easy to pull out of the frame and so also very easy to maintain or repair. You can even swap frames in about 3 minutes total or less.

Are those sights on the PICO aftermarket or standard? They look nice.

The standard sights are raised three dot sights; really nice ones. The ones shown are night sights but from Beretta. The Pico is one of my oft chosen bedside guns.

I looked at Picos awhile back but got an LCP instead. The Pico is a bit thinner but I thought the LCP was a more pocket friendly overall with the shorter grip and lower profile sights. It also subjectively just felt a bit nicer to me, and it was lighter although the Pico is hardly heavy. I haven't ever shot a Pico but don't have trouble with the LCP even with the flat mag baseplates and the sights work fine for me.

Jar, is your Pico magazine base plate aftermarket? The Beretta original mag base is metal and flat making the two guns much closer in grip length. Beretta also ships with a longer mag base.

See the two types in the picture.

Did you modify the original long base by reducing the length?

Jar, is your Pico magazine base plate aftermarket? The Beretta original mag base is metal and flat making the two guns much closer in grip length. Beretta also ships with a longer mag base.

See the two types in the picture.

Did you modify the original long base by reducing the length?

Dremel is your friend.

medium800.jpg

I got a Pico for my wife a few years ago because the Taurus 709slim was too large/heavy for EDC for her. She has very small hands loves the 709 for range time. The Pico is small/light enough that it goes with her everywhere.

I liked the width, weight, and real sights.

I liked is so much that when the intersection of "On Sale" "Rebate" and a LGS that didn't charge me for transfer occurred I bought a second one. (ended up getting a Nano for the same reasons - great deal) I have bigger hands. It shot well considering I really only get my middle finger on the grip. FOR ME, it is a great pocket pistol.

Not sure if it is camera angle, or what. But the Pico looks uncomfortably top heavy in those pics.
Sights are way overrated on a pocket pistol. For the intended purpose, you will never need them. The important thing being the natural pointability of the pistol. That, to my hands anyway, is where the LCP excells. Raising it to the target is like pointing my finger. Without much consideration of the sights at all, it hits that point I am aiming (pointing) it at consistently at pocket pistol range of 10 yards or less

I would add, the Pico has about 25% greater trigger weight. Real sights on the LCP would be the bee's knees (real, not the Custom just bigger nubs).

With the Pico, real sights might be required?

Not sure if it is camera angle, or what. But the Pico looks uncomfortably top heavy in those pics.
Sights are way overrated on a pocket pistol. For the intended purpose, you will never need them. The important thing being the natural pointability of the pistol. That, to my hands anyway, is where the LCP excells. Raising it to the target is like pointing my finger. Without much consideration of the sights at all, it hits that point I am aiming (pointing) it at consistently at pocket pistol range of 10 yards or less

No, it ain't the camera angle. The Pico is way top heavy for such a small gun. That's why felt recoil is so light. The sights are the best that I have ever seen on a mouse gun. I can hit 3" groups at 10 yards and consistent head shots at 7 yards with mine.

However, like you'd said, pocket pistols are for ranges of 10 yards or less. For me, there is one major design flaw. Because of the top heavy design, the grip is only one-finger w/o the grip extension, and I don't have huge paws.

I know I'm late to the party but I'd like to compliment JAR on the information.
VERY nice pictures and info.

Back