Want to hunt boar.

I dont want you guys to think I just want to kill. I know I have to learn many more skills then just pulling the trigger. As I said im totally new to this. I think I may have given the the wrong impression. The guided tours seems a bit boring since they do almost everything for you. Id like to get my hands dirty and learn the real way. The time may one day come where I have to hunt for survival. It would be nice to learn the ropes.

They are not guided tours. It will give you a good indication of whether or not you have the stomach to field dress and quarter game. The learning curve is too steep to do all this alone. You will quickly become frustated by the whole experience and give up or worse get yourself in a bind and make a poor decision.

Go check out a book on hunting first. Then hire a guide for your first hunt.

I don't know what the regulations are on shooting them... but gators are down in your area, not exactly cuddly, and also rank high on butch50's deliciousness scale too. Wonder if there are guides for gator hunts???

If you think you may one day have to hunt for survival you need to shed some scruples really fast. As has been said, killing is the easy part and most hunters feel considerable affinity with their prey. Hunting is not about murdering animals, it is about fitting in with nature and taking what you need.

I suggest you see if you can track down a book called 'In defence of hunting' by James A Swan, HarperSanfrancisco, 1995. This book looks challenges a lot of stereotypes of hunters and may help start you on the kind of philosophical path that may help you form a view about whether you want to hunt and what you are prepared to hunt.

Please do not give up yet. Hunting may not indeed be for you, but you owe it to yourself to read as much as you can (providing it is sensibly written and not merely the ramblings of a greenie who ate a fermented carrot) and form a moral view from which to proceed.

Agreed, something funny is going on. I originally thought he might be fishin' for an invitation, but I think something more nefarious is goin' on.

LOL.WHAT?!?!?
If your reffering to me I dont see why. Im just a noob trying to get into or at least try the hunting scene. OR would you much rather me join an anti-hunting cult? I simply just wanted to know where to start. I decided ill get a guide.

Well it appears my brother also wants to get into some hunting. We both agreed on a guide. Now for gator hunting. Are there guides for that?

Stick with pigs. Gators are not much of a hunt. you shoot them as they sit still and watch you get close enough to shoot them. They are a little more fun with a bow, but not much more. There are plenty of guided gator hunts in south Florida. Do a google search and you will find plenty.

Do a google search for Hog hunts in the Chiefland or Gainsville areas. That is just a little ways from Tampa and I know there are lots of pigs there.

Back