Want to fire an L C Smith 1900

Buy the Vintager loads from RST, they were designed for older guns needing lower pressure. Hopefully, you have had the gun checked by a qualified gunsmith who knows these old guns (not some Glock parts changer) and he's given it the go ahead.
Even without Damascus or Twist barrels, they ARE over 100 years old and thus have been subjected to wear and tear and need to be checked. No different than finding a Model T in a barn - you're not going to just put some gas in it and start it up immediately before checking everything out.

Good luck and have fun with it.

If you're near NC, the Southern Side by Side event is a not-to-missed event:
2016 Dates / Hours

Friday Apr. 22 - Sunday Apr. 24

9:00AM - 6:00PM
For Information

sidebyside@deepriver.net

919-774-7080
Address

284 Cletus Hall Rd.

Sanford, NC 27330

http://www.southernsidebyside.com/

Annually celebrating vintage American gunmakers, 2014 marked the 11th Challenge Cup between the L.C. Smith Gun Collectors Association and the Parker Gun Collectors Association during the Southern Side by Side weekend.

ADDED: You might want to join this group; should be able to get all sorts of info, help, tips etc.:
http://lcsmith.org/

Last edited:
I shoot a 1909 Ithaca Flues model. While it has barrels made for smokeless powder it is over 100 years old. I use the MagTec brass shells which use large pistol primers and are 2 1/2" long, with fiber wads and either Pyrodex or real black powder. The Goex powder website has complete load information. Track of the Wolf catalogs all sizes of wads: over powder, fiber cushion and over shot.
I modified an old single stage press to seat the primers. The rest of the operation uses a piece of dowel to push the wads down the case. Seal the over shot wad with "water-glass"
I have shot the Ithaca with very light smokeless loads I made up special for this old gun. Just thought the black powder route was more fun. Also have a single barrel 1850's English 14 ga. muzzle loader and am working on cleaning up an old 16ga double muzzle loader.

I shoot a AH Fox with steel barrels its dated for 1913, it does have 2 3/4 inch chambers I use Win AA 1 oz or a reload of 1 oz.

I have a rabbit ear Lancaster date unknown but it has 2 3/4 chambers. By all means measure those chambers before you buy factory 2 1/2" loads.

Back