Want to buy but holding off

Just brought my baby home this afternoon!!!

I love them Baby Glocks. One of the most versatile guns around. Can go from concealed carry piece to a suppressive fire gun with a swap of the mag. Accessories & after-market parts for 'em are pretty dang good, too.

See post in General Discusssion . . .

Post in General Discussion has links to two on line auctions. Haven't looked at on but the Langham auction has just about everything you could want. May wind up being pricey.
Life is good.
Prof Young

I love them Baby Glocks. One of the most versatile guns around. Can go from concealed carry piece to a suppressive fire gun with a swap of the mag. Accessories & after-market parts for 'em are pretty dang good, too.

Also, being in kalifornia, get it while I can!! I am even thinking about another polymer gun, not necessary Glock. For me, it's more important to get it while I can.

I am torn between a bigger or a smaller. For smaller, I have two snubbies and the Walther PPKS already. Hard to be excited to buy a bigger 9mm and limited to 10 rounds. My dependable S&W659 has 2 14 rounds mag and 1 20 rounds mag LEGALLY. Too bad Ruger LCP is not available in Kalifornia.

Last edited:
Money I can not spend on ammo went to Rosetta Stone to learn Mandarin. The way things are going it will be the National language. If the terrorist do not burn down the whole US with Riots and looting first.

Money I can not spend on ammo went to Rosetta Stone to learn Mandarin. The way things are going it will be the National language. If the terrorist do not burn down the whole US with Riots and looting first.

I hope not, I am Chinese from Hong Kong. I am NOT with China. It's too bad we have the current resident in the WH, I am all the way and whole heartdely for the former president. the current Resident of WH is going to sell us to China.

Remember, just because someone is Chinese doesn't mean they are for China.

I have the good old red white and blue flying proudly in front of my house. Check the welfare stats, we are NOT the kind that raise the Chinese flag and get on welfare to eat off this great country.

Last edited:
I hope not, I am Chinese from Hong Kong. I am NOT with China. It's too bad we have the current resident in the WH, I am all the way and whole heartdely for the former president. the current Resident of WH is going to sell us to China.

Remember, just because someone is Chinese doesn't mean they are for China.

I have the good old red white and blue flying proudly in front of my house.
I hear ya Brother! May God Bless you and your family and the good old USA!

Yeah, I've got my list and everything on it is pretty much in a holding pattern because they're either not available or overpriced or I see no reason to buy them when certain ammo I don't reload is selling for triple what it normally does.

Thus, I'm getting more into black powder and for years I've said I'm not gonna buy a .31 I figured with how easy it is to sell and ship them on Gunbroker, why not? It'll be something new I can explore and when the thrill is gone and I get tired of it, it's gone and I get my money back and I won't have spent triple on lead and caps like I would on ammo or primers.

I live in MN and in reality, I have seen little changes in the price of firearms and even availability is close to normal for many of the more popular guns. Our LGS has used Glock 17's at $450 and a good selection of Rock Islands at under $500.
That said, ammo is a different story.
What you need to consider is capacity which in my opinion will become a major topic in the coming weeks.
I am literally down to two semi-autos that hold more than 10 rounds and both of those guns have a factory 10 round mag in the bag.
I reload so I can only pass on some advice to people that are considering adding another gun to an already stocked collection and that would be, buy ammo as that has become the most difficult part of our hobby to find.

Last edited:
For me, gun prices have changed some, but not much. Ammo is insane. If you want a gun get one. They will most likely have a box of ammo set aside for people who purchase guns. They start sourcing it as you can find it.

Since I retired, I've built a few from 80% kits. Not saving money, but enjoying the journey. I've bought a few too, but it's been a great learning experience to build them.

If there was a pistol that I just had to have right now, I'd buy it, even at inflated prices. But, there is no such beast out there for me right now.

If there was a pistol that I just had to have right now, I'd buy it, even at inflated prices. But, there is no such beast out there for me right now.

I think all of us here have plenty of pistols, I don't think we have to have any particular one, more like WANT to have!!!:D:)

I had to have a Glock, I just got it, now is what I want to have.

If you want something, find something you want and make it happen. Time is short and the next 4 years are not going to change what you are seeing right now. In fact, today is the best day to buy a firearm. Tomorrow is only going to be worse.

Biden might actually be a better gun salesman than Obama.

If you want something, find something you want and make it happen. Time is short and the next 4 years are not going to change what you are seeing right now. In fact, today is the best day to buy a firearm. Tomorrow is only going to be worse.

Biden might actually be a better gun salesman than Obama.

No, it is going to change........for the worst. I was out of shooting and guns for 30 years, because of the time now, I am back and I bought my Glock 26 above the MSRP. I am usually cheap, I never pay even MSRP for anything, now I paid above it. It's going to get worst. Resident of the WH already talking about straighter gun law already, trying to limit the magazine like kalifornia.

I live in MN and in reality, I have seen little changes in the price of firearms and even availability is close to normal for many of the more popular guns. Our LGS has used Glock 17's at $450 and a good selection of Rock Islands at under $500.
That said, ammo is a different story.
What you need to consider is capacity which in my opinion will become a major topic in the coming weeks.
I am literally down to two semi-autos that hold more than 10 rounds and both of those guns have a factory 10 round mag in the bag.
I reload so I can only pass on some advice to people that are considering adding another gun to an already stocked collection and that would be, buy ammo as that has become the most difficult part of our hobby to find.
I agree with you, which is why I made an effort last year to focus on whatever held more than 10 rds. About the only two pistols I have on the back burner that have mags that hold more than 10 rds are two Berettas, the Px4 subcompact and a beater 81 that I want to convert to .32 NAA.

Been thinking about buying the mags for them before I buy the guns, but I already spent a bunch of money on pmags because I think there's going to be a run on mags soon once people realize the 2 or 3 they have isn't enough.

The good thing about very popular magazine configurations like the AR, AK, Glock, 10/22, Beretta 92, S&W M&P is that multiple companies will make guns that accept those mags.

I’m kind of back and forth. I’d like a Henry Long Ranger in 6.5 CM, a Henry BBS .357 mag with the side loading gate, Ruger bolt action rifles that take normal hicap P-mags in both 6.5 CM and .223. And handgun wise a nice smaller revolver that hold six rounds with a 3” barrel, something like the Kimber K6 or a Smith K frame.

I'd really like an HK VP9, as I rented one and really, really liked it. Felt great in my hand. But with ammo the way it is right now, I'm not going to get it. I am financially dinged pretty good shooting 5.56 at the moment, and I do own another 9mm, and currently I'm not shooting it as I just don't have the rounds to practice with, and I'm not buying them at the prices they are going for. I was fortunate to stockpile .45 prior to the ammo run, so that's all I'm shooting at the moment outside of my AR, and that is far less frequent due to the amount of ammo I have on hand.

I made the rounds of all the local gun stores and pawn shops the other day. The gun inventory is a joke, almost nothing to buy that you would want, and what's left have inflated prices. Ammo is coming back a little bit but reloading supply's are sold out. So I called around to three major mail order chain stores looking for Lee bullet molds. Was told they hadn't had the popular molds sense last October. Last resort I called Lee Precision about ordering a couple new molds, Custer Service wasn't taking calls right now !!! hdbiker

Back