Want to Build a Quickdraw/Fanning Gun

g.w.

Air guns? Not no but hell no.

Been reading Gun's of the Old West since 2009.
Rumor has it they are back...?

They need to dump the air pistols. Wasted space / wasted advertisements.
Then again maybe they are picking up the preteen crowd...

That being said, being a young man here... age 41, do you oldtimers like CO2 air guns? I like the Red Ryder I picked up for $15 a couple years ago after visiting the Daisy Air Gun Museum in Arkansas.

For $129, as an adut, I'd rather buy a BP C&B gun - for the smoke, flash, and freedom.

What's Hawg got to say. What was the last year Hawg put down hard earned cash for a CO2 airgun?

I'm going to guess either 1954 or never.

Airguns are fun and great for removing pests. However, I'd rather have cap 'n ball for smoke, light show, noise and more fun.

What's Hawg got to say. What was the last year Hawg put down hard earned cash for a CO2 airgun?

I'm going to guess either 1954 or never.

I wasn't here in 54 but it was sometime in the late 70's or early 80's. Still have it but the seals are shot. I have looked at a few but couldn't get past the price. I did buy an air soft 1911 not long ago for dog plinking. :D And yes I cut the stupid looking orange tip off of it.:D

I actually have one of those CO2 sixguns, and a Remington '58, too of course.
But for some reason my wife objects to my shooting the cap and ball at home in the garage.
Wimmin.

sorry, I forgot to come back to this.

I should expand my explaination. The 22's were not bored out to accept a 45 cartrige.
The front of them were bored out to accept the wax 45 or maybe 38 wax bullet.
the barrel was changed out to be that caliber in aluminum.

The rear of the cylinder remained 22 and used a 22 blank to move the wax bullet.

Back