Want another plinking rifle

Only one thing about that lever action would bother me. Yu work the lever and it throw's the case on the ground somewhere. Hate that about my 9mm handguns, lose case's that way.

Ahhh, same with push feed bolts. Same with pumps. Some break opens throw she'll I believe too.

Control feed is easier to grab I belive, but most are push.

So Ahhh, ya.

Don't find the ejected casings very troublesome. Using 11 grains of Unique under 200 grain coated round nose bullets and gun is very pleasant to plink with. My other centerfire plinkers are a Henry BigBoy steel, in .357 and Henry Golden, with octagonal barrel in .45 Colt. The Henry's beat the Rossi in looks and finish, but both are significantly heavier. The Rossi is about 5 pounds and for plinking, that makes a huge difference.

The Marlin is (or was) a pleasant and accurate rifle. I would get a used gun from the New Haven Ct days. Dont be afraid to buy a used gun. The odds are a lot better you get a good one than taking you chances on more recent made.

I am not familiar with the Rossi. I do have a B-92, which is a Winchester 92 clone I find it unpleasant with full power hunting loads - really any 44mag load. I only shoot 44 special in that rifle. Loaded that way it is a fun shooter. In reality, I almost never shoot it any more and just grab the Marlin.

Several weeks into the 44 mag Rossi, quite a few rounds and I like it! Well, I do have a minor quibble: sharp edge ahead of loading gate, that will be eased a bit. What I didn't mention earlier is, I have a .357 Henry (steel) and a Henry .45 Colt (brass). Like those guns also, but the 20" barrel and lighter weight makes this a very fun plinking gun. As far as Marlins, I have a 39A and 336

Back