Want alternative to AR-15, whats out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are numerous alternatives.

Personally, I own a Masterpiece Arms MPAR 556. It's a piston driven AR style rifle, quite similar in operation to the older AR-180's and the leader dynamics t2 MK5.

It is a solid and rugged weapon and exceptionally accurate, and the piston system has a unique function in that the amount of gas pushed through the piston system can be easily adjusted. Four different adjustments, 'single', 'regular', 'dirty', and 'low-pressure'; the single function effectively puts the gun into a single shot, pull bolt operation, regular is self explanatory, the dirty function purges a massive amount of gas through the system, effectively cleaning it, and the low-pressure is for subsonic ammuntion.

It's kind of a mash-up of a number of great military fire-arms of yesteryear, A sort of throw back frankenstein and it gets the job done. I was just happy to have something other than an Ar-15.

I want something other than an AR15 or mini 14. How are the Vector V-93? I don't much like copies but I hear good things about the company. The rifle needs to be in .223 and a millitary style. Please if you must recomend some .308 or your favorite AR-15, don't do it on this post. Start your own. Don't mean to be rude but it drive me crazy when people do that.

with all due respect, and I'm not trying to start a debate of any sort, but why?

Feel free to pm

BTW, I have not had the chance to shoot one yet but I would suggest a Tavor

AAAnnnndddd... this thread just celebrated it's 6th birthday.

However, I would be curious to know if he found what he was looking for and was happy with it.

THERE'S A "GOOD" ALTERNATIVE TO AN AR 15???????????????

Nah, you're mistaken. At current prices, you'll not find such a critter.

Haven't read the whole thread so this may (probably has) have been mentioned, but as someone who has recently bought an AR, I can say that the other models I'd have looked at in .223 would have been the likes of the FS2000, Steyr Aug and Tavor.

Yes, they are all bullpups and yes they are quite expensive, but I find them fascinating designs with arguably very positive reviews.

If money were no object, I'd love to have bought the Tavor or FN!!

The OP hasn't been here in over two years, and I think he probably made his decision, oh, six years ago or thereabouts. There's no need to revive this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back