Walther PPK price check.

You should have purchased the gun. If it has a punch mark on beavertail its made by S&W, which are very reliable. Price was about right. That gun will be gone asap. By the way Walther has a lifetime guarantee on their pistols. I had a problem with a PPK and they sent me a brand new PPK. An original PPK German gun is about $2000.00 dollars. Importation was stopped on the German PPK in 1968. Hence the PPK/s which is not to my liking. Nothing wrong with wanting the PPK over the PPK/s model. $489.00 was not a bad price for that pistol even though it had one magazine. CDNN has magazines for PPK but look it up under MecGar Mags. MecGar made Walther's magazines for them. I own a German PPK/s, an Interarms PPK in 32 and two S&W PPK 380 pistols. I don't care for the long grip tang, so I redesigned the grip tang to original spec and my stainless PPK looks amazing and shoots a whole lot better. By the way if that PPK was in 32 acp you better run back and buy it. They are at a premium in 32 acp and 489.00 would have been a gift. The new Walther PPK/s are selling for about $700.00 dollars, depending on where you purchase the pistol.

Last edited:
Walther did not make it if it is stainless steel,

Walther USA is making new 100% Walthers in stainless now I believe. I want one, but my bride says I have way too many guns already. I already have a S&W PPKs and a Ranger PPK, so maybe she has a point.

Walther USA is making new 100% Walthers in stainless now I believe. I want one, but my bride says I have way too many guns already. I already have a S&W PPKs and a Ranger PPK, so maybe she has a point.
You don't have too many guns...you have too many brides. MY bride of many years has always told me in regard to buying a new gun, "If you can afford it, buy it."

I have a PPK from the WWII era in .32 and a PPK/S in .380. There's also a PPK/S in .22LR. All are splendid shooters and as reliable as the sunset. got them over 35 years ago. They make perfect "totin' around guns"

Back